Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The rot is spreading in Seattle, the job market for college grads and even people with a little experience under their belts is awful and the cost of living is exploding. We're quickly transforming into San Francisco. I've already started fantasizing about moving back to the Midwest and combining a good education with a not-insane rental market. The University of Washington from every story I hear is essentially unaffordable unless you somehow get a full ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Graduate school is the biggest trap of all, there are no jobs and even if you know somebody you are going to make better money at Walmart.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Peven Stan posted:

There are 3 foreign students from PRC in my "managerial communications" prereq and during a surprise impromptu speaking assignment in front of the class one person couldn't understand a question asking what her favorite color was and why and another couldn't understand a question asking what her favorite ad was and why. This kind of embarrassment can happen if your TOEFL cutoff for Chinese students is lower than the median global score

As a person who paid part of his way through college by working at the writing center, writing centers mostly exist for Asian students to learn to write at an English 085 level. Then we work on second-tier fundamentals, like "stop writing your essays in poetry form."

• Locked thread