Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xoFcitcrA posted:

Hmm....

?

Maybe this really is a D sequel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What in the LIVING HELL did I just watch?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game is the wackiest thing.

And then JESUS loving CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT

GodDAMN that was unsettling.

Is he actually having surgery to have that bullet removed? The surgeon seems tall because he's standing over a prone David. /wild theories.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
From the side, Derek Buchanan looks like Bruce Willis-

Holy poo poo that fight was amazing!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kgummy posted:

It would be kind of amazing if David is the one who hit it with a puck. Though, to be fair it was already dented by that point.

I also can't stop seeing the 'dive' pose as him trying to block his face from being hit.

It reminds me of, say, if someone had a gun going off in their face. Or a useless attempt to stop one's self from being shot.

I almost wonder if he didn't fall back into a full bathtub after he was shot and he's semi-reenacting when he was shot to "dive".

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sauer kraut posted:

That sincere cry of anguish from avant-garde guy when his doll gets smashed to pieces really got me :allears:

"YOU'LL GET OVER IT."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SelenicMartian posted:

He doesn't and the blades cut through the floor. You can see the skates when David is lifted, but when he's grounding Deborah his boots are on the floor.
The airline is going to be really pissed off.

Do the initials of the doctor in the gunshot emergency note match the initials of the giant?

Yup. I called him being the surgeon who worked on David's head!

...I have NO idea how any of the rest of this fits in, though, if any of this is actually happening in any way and not just a hallucination after/during brain surgery.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It seems like "Roland" is... I don't know how to describe it. It seems like he's someTHING wearing the idea of Dr Roland Walken as an ill-fitting suit. The details are wrong, he's goddamn huge, his eyes are dead, he's holding cutlery instead of surgical tools, etc.

And the guy in the stinger looks like either a Dracula or Curtis Blackburn from Killer7.

...and Blackburn was a human organ trafficker.

But I know it's probably the old man from the beginning.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2015

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if Peggy didn't ACTUALLY fall in the water and was saved. Which puts David's drowning-diving in... a weird light.

So does her knowing his name or who he is and then the weird conversation about reincarnation maybe?

I feel like I've got a bunch of puzzle pieces that fit together into bits of something, but I'm not sure how the somethings are part of the same puzzle.

-KAYSEN WHAT THE gently caress, MAN?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So the... er, mystery person, he looks like he has Cheney's hair bit hanging in front of his face and Jetstream Sam's head brace thing. There might be bolts in his forehead, a plate in his chin, and... is he wearing a retainer? Also he's covered in cannisters and has red fog leaking out his mouth.

I got a freeze-frame of him where I could most clearly see his features here: http://i.imgur.com/RsjZwa4.jpg

Also a collage of Mystery Man for "wtf am I looking at?" purposes: http://i.imgur.com/m7CAyMM.jpg

Weird.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 20, 2015

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MisterFuzzles posted:

Aside from looks I think it has to be Cheney. He has essentially been huffing Real Blood from that inhaler every so often. Maybe a DEA secret weapon? A mole for D or the Real Blood boss (If they aren't the same person) in the DEA?

Another curious thing is he had to reintroduce himself to Olivia again. So are these dives self contained instances per memento to everyone but David?

I don't think he reintroduced himself. She still recognized him, she just wasn't buying his original story and wanted to know why he was really getting involved.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is it just me, or does Peggy's first dad look a lot like Forrest Kayson if he lost a lot of weight and was a decade older? They even have a mole in near the same place.

I can't unsee it now, but there's some inconsistency between the two. I can see it just enough for it to nag at me though!

But you know who ELSE has a blemish on his left cheek and also white hair?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Steelpudding posted:

And he drained Little Peggy of blood? I think you're on to something there, buddy.

Definitely a real sequel to D and D2.

• Locked thread