Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Question about the raiding progression guild;

I am leveling a Inquisitor at the moment but from what I can tell you guys are full up on healers, I have a 72 Dirge on another server however rather than pay money to transfer him over I would rather roll a new on AB to save money and re-learn the class.

I am also thinking of leveling a ranged dps like a Wizard or Warlock, but I hear there are very few high level necromancers around so I was thinking about using a necro as my "ranged dps". What is everyones thoughts on this I enjoyed the Dirge however I am sick of scout classes and want to try something different like the necro however the Warlock comes close second as I enjoy the whole AOE NUKE thing.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I would say go with the necro or warlock if you're liking those. They have Dirge for days in guild. Not a guarantee they will stick with them but it seems cloth casters are very unrepresented at the moment.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Cool! I'll have a good think about it.

Edit; Made a Warlock called Dryscale I will see how I go. Should I lvl him in your guild or the Goon guild ya think?

Sardikar fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 25, 2015

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Goon guild has a LOT more amenities, but we just had another 3 or 4 people join on fresh characters yesterday, so more opportunities to actually group in ours I'd say.

Good choice on the warlock, too! I'm loving my wizard. Squishy as gently caress but lopping off 50% of a ^^^'s hp with a hugeass ice comet is so fun.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

If anyone wants to run around and do Speak as a Dragon and Prismatic, I think my friend was wanting to do it on her main this evening (EST). Note that doesn't include the runes themselves, sorry if you don't have a tablet. :v:

I'm kinda just waiting for them to start DoF and have been focusing on my main otherwise. One of my favorite things about this game is that it has a very powerful trickle-down effect. The more I gear my main character, the more resources I have to gear my other characters through Malice shards and just random drops I loot since everything is heirloom.

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I have an 80 warden. Who should I bug for an invite to the guild. I just noticed they had a try level 90 option. Should I just do that instead?

RobertDanger fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 26, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

RobertDanger posted:

I have an 80 warden. Who should I bug for an invite to the guild. I just noticed they had a try level 90 option. Should I just do that instead?

Costs money or you can only play for one level. Good to try new things out for a bit. I'm out at dinner or I'd invite you. What is your character name?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

RobertDanger posted:

Shameless plug, come play with the rest of us in the prog guild instead, having a really fun time :3:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh God why did I DL and start to play this. I'm on as Saxophone. I made a Fae Troubadour because bards own. I'm down to join whichever goon guild as long as they're down to let me ask really stupid and obvious questions as I blunder my way through the game as a fairy bard.

I'm guessing the massive stuttering that's occurring is due to the game still downloading in the background? I'm on a computer that should run this even more than fine.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

MrTheDevious posted:

Shameless plug, come play with the rest of us in the prog guild instead, having a really fun time :3:

Are you an officer in Vado? If so could you please turn off the announcements in guild chat every time someone levels? Nobody gives a poo poo that Fred has gained a level and is now a level 26 shitkicker or Nate has completed the rush order Pushin out the Turds earning status for the guild and is now a level 13 ballywho.

Also Grats, Grats, Grats, Grats, Grats to every little thing that flys through in guildchat. God I think I'm too old for this poo poo if something like that bothers me. And Splitpaw and Bloodline Chronicles are terrible and unfun places.

Still love EQ2 tho!

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 26, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Oh God why did I DL and start to play this. I'm on as Saxophone. I made a Fae Troubadour because bards own. I'm down to join whichever goon guild as long as they're down to let me ask really stupid and obvious questions as I blunder my way through the game as a fairy bard.

I'm guessing the massive stuttering that's occurring is due to the game still downloading in the background? I'm on a computer that should run this even more than fine.

Yes, stuttering is from streaming client. Let it download overnight. The progression guild is a pub guild that a bunch of us are in.

Givin posted:

Are you an officer in Vado? If so could you please turn off the announcements in guild chat every time someone levels? Nobody gives a poo poo that Fred has gained a level and is now a level 26 shitkicker or Nate has completed the rush order Pushin out the Turds earning status for the guild and is now a level 13 ballywho.

Also Grats, Grats, Grats, Grats, Grats to every little thing that flys through in guildchat. God I think I'm too old for this poo poo if something like that bothers me. And Splitpaw and Bloodline Chronicles are terrible and unfun places.

Still love EQ2 tho!

You and me both, brother. Announcements for every ten, sure. Not every level/AA/etc.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004

Would it be a good idear to create a Goon chat channel so that we can all take to each other from different guilds, organise stuff, get guild invites extra?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Givin posted:

Still love EQ2 tho!

This was my biggest pet peeve with EQ2.

I had no plans to raid or similar in this game so i joined a "friends and family" type guild, mostly casual adults anyhow. All the announcement poo poo was turned on so you could barely do a single thing without it popping up in the guild chat. Even looting legendary items was turned on. And every time an announcement popped up, which was several times per minute, several pages of "grats" flew by in the guild chat. I don't think i exaggerate when i say that 90% of all words spoken in the guild chat was variations of the word "grats". People didn't even type it, they had a macro for it, as evident by the fact that messages such as " ('*-.Grats.-*') " or " ~Congratulations!~ " popped up the instant anything got announced in the guild chat.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sardikar posted:

Would it be a good idear to create a Goon chat channel so that we can all take to each other from different guilds, organise stuff, get guild invites extra?

This is a great idea!

I've created the channel 'goones' with the password 'yogs'. Very original, I know. To join the channel, right click on your chat tab, and enter those in the Custom Channel field. Not sure if there's just a slash command for passworded channels.

I will add this to the OP in a little bit.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
EQ2is now setup to be a pain the rear end if you're starting back up after "downloading".

Run the launcher, then in the upper left where it says something like US Version, click that. Then click the box for Full Download. This will download the whole drat game instead of downloading as it goes along.

They did this to make it "easy" for people coming back or just getting into the game so they can load up FAST! :rolleyes: They don't realize what a pain in the rear end it is to stutter around.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Sarah posted:

EQ2is now setup to be a pain the rear end if you're starting back up after "downloading".

Run the launcher, then in the upper left where it says something like US Version, click that. Then click the box for Full Download. This will download the whole drat game instead of downloading as it goes along.

They did this to make it "easy" for people coming back or just getting into the game so they can load up FAST! :rolleyes: They don't realize what a pain in the rear end it is to stutter around.

Thank you for this, I re-installed last night and every time I would log out the download thingy would reset to 18GB for some reason.

I haven't logged in for probably 6 years or so, and was immediately hit with information overload on my 80 Warlock but am starting to get my bearings again. Two questions so far:

1) I used to have a few mounts (pre- all the flying and jumping stuff I see exists now), like the spirit steed status mount and I think a flying carpet that dropped off the Djinn Master dude and it seems like they're gone. I recieved a big jumpy bird and an elemental disc I can't use yet from /claim but was wondering if they removed the others?

2) How much are server transfers these days? I looked it up and I think I need to buy a transfer token, but don't see it anywhere under the services tab in the marketplace. I'd like to bring my Warlock to AB since the pop is so high but all of my alts are scattered on various servers from my raiding days.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Givin posted:

Still love EQ2 tho!

I'm not, but wish I was, because that poo poo is loving obnoxious to me too :( I stopped saying thanks or anything whenever people said it to me hoping they'd stop, but they probably just thought I was a dick

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Goblin posted:

Thank you for this, I re-installed last night and every time I would log out the download thingy would reset to 18GB for some reason.

I haven't logged in for probably 6 years or so, and was immediately hit with information overload on my 80 Warlock but am starting to get my bearings again. Two questions so far:

1) I used to have a few mounts (pre- all the flying and jumping stuff I see exists now), like the spirit steed status mount and I think a flying carpet that dropped off the Djinn Master dude and it seems like they're gone. I recieved a big jumpy bird and an elemental disc I can't use yet from /claim but was wondering if they removed the others?

2) How much are server transfers these days? I looked it up and I think I need to buy a transfer token, but don't see it anywhere under the services tab in the marketplace. I'd like to bring my Warlock to AB since the pop is so high but all of my alts are scattered on various servers from my raiding days.

1) They are all in a mounts tab now! Press C and check out your character window, there will be a tab for mounts.

2) Server transfers are 2450 SC ($24.50). If you have leftover SC or a sub, it'll be a bit cheaper. To actually transfer, you need to have a sub active for 30 days with a card on file. Alternatively, you can call them, tell them you want to transfer and they will just flag your account to be able to buy the tokens. I did this last week and it took me all of ten minutes, including hold time on the phone.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I played this game on and off over the years, and I can't really see myself being anything more than a F2P (or whatever the rank is you are if you've bought the game/spent money on the cash shop once or twice is). I'm curious as to whether or not they've eased up on the F2P restrictions anymore in recent months. Specifically when it comes to the auction house, max amount of plat I can carry and whether or not I can adjust my AA slider.

Thanks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I played this game on and off over the years, and I can't really see myself being anything more than a F2P (or whatever the rank is you are if you've bought the game/spent money on the cash shop once or twice is). I'm curious as to whether or not they've eased up on the F2P restrictions anymore in recent months. Specifically when it comes to the auction house, max amount of plat I can carry and whether or not I can adjust my AA slider.

Thanks.

Silver (paid in the past, aren't now) can buy from broker I believe, but not sell. I don't think there's a plat cap any more for f2p? Sarah might know. AA slider can't be adjusted still.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

1) They are all in a mounts tab now! Press C and check out your character window, there will be a tab for mounts.

2) Server transfers are 2450 SC ($24.50). If you have leftover SC or a sub, it'll be a bit cheaper. To actually transfer, you need to have a sub active for 30 days with a card on file. Alternatively, you can call them, tell them you want to transfer and they will just flag your account to be able to buy the tokens. I did this last week and it took me all of ten minutes, including hold time on the phone.

Thanks for the info, for some reason my mount tab is completely empty except for big bird and ele disc :( Oh well, not a big deal since I can use the disc in 5 levels anyways.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tsurupettan posted:

Silver (paid in the past, aren't now) can buy from broker I believe, but not sell. I don't think there's a plat cap any more for f2p? Sarah might know. AA slider can't be adjusted still.

Aw, shoot. I don't suppose it's at all viable to grind out the plat needed to buy that in-game item that gives you a 30 day sub at all like it is in EVE?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Got in Vado on my Warlock (Bohohoboprobono). I'm in no rush to do Shattered Lands content -- I've seen most of it before and it's nothing special -- but I definitely want to see DoF stuff.

Verranicus posted:

Aw, shoot. I don't suppose it's at all viable to grind out the plat needed to buy that in-game item that gives you a 30 day sub at all like it is in EVE?

Without broker access? Maybe if you have AoM and sell loot rights (SLR). Krono are up to ~2k last I checked, so just questing/looting alone seems non-viable (unless they truly cranked the amount of plat in AoM).

If you do have broker access, a self-sustaining subscription becomes more realistic.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
There is no cap for plat for F2P. Additionally, when a Krono is on the broker (game time you can buy for plat) there is no broker fee.

Which is good because it was hilarious in the past to try to buy a krono if you were not subbed. You'd have to have someone who was go to the house of the person and buy it for you to avoid broker fees. You couldn't do it yourself because you could search but were unable to buy anything.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I was told DPS was a much better way to go than tanks for the moment so I remade my character, a swashbuckler named Colonsplode. If someone from Vado wants to toss me an invite, that'd be great since it looks like Rak is offline now.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
^^^
Ranger is easy mode and parses much higher than Swash if you want to be a part of a dick-waving DPS contest. Swash is like 2nd hand store DPS. It's a bit of a broken class at the moment.

For AoM, the classes people whine the most for in channel that they need to setup a group (in no particular order):

1. Bard
2. Chanter
3. Tank

DPS is easy to come by. Healers not so much, but you usually don't have a problem filling a group with 1 excellent or 2 decent healers. You can roll without a bard / chanter. A tank? No.

For the progression guild I understand they are full up on tanks. But if you're in the game for the long haul and you enjoy tanking, roll a tank. You'll have no problem getting a group.

As long as you're not one of those tank that thinks they are going to join a group as DPS. No, no no. Again, no. Despite how much any DPS tank wants to make it work, you will be shot down when asking. And the server will laugh at you if you advertise DPS looking for group and you're a tank.

Sarah fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 27, 2015

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Well now I've deleted the other things and have an illusionist I'm running around on. I get a pet that's me, and some sort of shocky eyeball spell that stuns things. Granted I'm only 5,but so far I kill things before they can react to me.

I'll probably wind up doing that and a bard. Or paladin. Or shadow Knight. Goddamn this game has so many classes. I like(hate) it already.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
One of my regrets about EQ2 is that if you play a guardian/berserker/SK/Paladin and probably Monk/Bruiser, you are a tank. No real DPS options even with stances. That's it.

But I guess if the classes weren't set up that way, nobody at all would tank.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Edit: Nevermind.

Dry Hump fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 27, 2015

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Sarah posted:

^^^
Ranger is easy mode and parses much higher than Swash if you want to be a part of a dick-waving DPS contest. Swash is like 2nd hand store DPS. It's a bit of a broken class at the moment.

For AoM, the classes people whine the most for in channel that they need to setup a group (in no particular order):

1. Bard
2. Chanter
3. Tank

DPS is easy to come by. Healers not so much, but you usually don't have a problem filling a group with 1 excellent or 2 decent healers. You can roll without a bard / chanter. A tank? No.

For the progression guild I understand they are full up on tanks. But if you're in the game for the long haul and you enjoy tanking, roll a tank. You'll have no problem getting a group.

As long as you're not one of those tank that thinks they are going to join a group as DPS. No, no no. Again, no. Despite how much any DPS tank wants to make it work, you will be shot down when asking. And the server will laugh at you if you advertise DPS looking for group and you're a tank.

I was already glad I spent one of my free heroics on an SK for PLing purposes, but it's even more awesome now since I really like playing the guy and want to level him :3:

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
I've been doing some reading on eq2flames for Warlock and did a buncha grinding in the agnostic dungeons last night with a good group, so I'm starting to get back into the swing of things :)

Is ACT still the go-to damage parser? Time to start practicing my casting rotations~~

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah that's what I'm using. Rotations are pretty easy at the moment since AA are forbidden. At least for Wizard, I got it 95% right just by looking at my skills, then optimized a few things after I looked at our other Wizard's parse.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I apologize if this has already been answered: how is the skill/ability boat nowadays? Last I played was shortly after they introduced battlegrounds, so years ago. Maybe Ruins of Kunark? Back then, there were just far too many abilities, some of which were nigh identical. Have they consolidated it a bit?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Propagandist posted:

I apologize if this has already been answered: how is the skill/ability boat nowadays? Last I played was shortly after they introduced battlegrounds, so years ago. Maybe Ruins of Kunark? Back then, there were just far too many abilities, some of which were nigh identical. Have they consolidated it a bit?

Not really unless you play Channeler or Beastlord, which aren't as bad.

You kinda just learn to handle it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Propagandist posted:

Nope, it's only gotten worse.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My Illy isn't too bad on button bloat but he's old from L90 content and hasn't added the new buttons.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Unless you are trying to raid current content, you can bind the vast majority of your skills into a few buttons. For my SK, it's: AEs, oh shits, single target primaries, single target drains, then various cooldowns.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tsurupettan posted:

This is a great idea!

I've created the channel 'goones' with the password 'yogs'. Very original, I know. To join the channel, right click on your chat tab, and enter those in the Custom Channel field. Not sure if there's just a slash command for passworded channels.

I will add this to the OP in a little bit.

Can't chat in the channel without membership. I hate when MMOs are annoying about social stuff if you don't give them money. :saddowns:

e: How in the hell do we visit each other's houses? We've got homes in the same place at the same door and we've set each other to Trustee but neither of our names show up when we try to access the other's place. I've had my house for a few days so it's not like the list isn't updated yet.

Huh nevermind, problem fixed its self

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 28, 2015

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
The house thing is just a visual bug from adding the save/load house permissions into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Logging into my Level 90 Fury that used to be boss, I somehow went up to 91 and gained a handful of AA and not really sure why. At least I still remember which button makes things blow up and which button makes things heal.