Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I think they did an EXP squish at one point in time, so that might explain the boost you got. Not 100% on that tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Can I get an invite to the goon guild? I never seem to be on when Vellamorn is on. IGN is Zuzekka.

Dry Hump fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 28, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What are the best sites for AA advice and such now? Eq2flames seems pretty dead.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I use EQ2Flames still. It's semi relevant still and you can always find posters from days gone by and go look up their characters if they still play and check those out. If that's a bust the official forums sometimes have information, but it's very rare.

Does nobody play monks anymore? I haven't seen any leveling up in agnostics and I don't think Vado has an active one.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Dry Hump posted:

Can I get an invite to the goon guild? I never seem to be on when Vellamorn is on. IGN is Zuzecca.

You can also /who all goone and everyone should have privs. I'll add that to op.

Givin posted:

I use EQ2Flames still. It's semi relevant still and you can always find posters from days gone by and go look up their characters if they still play and check those out. If that's a bust the official forums sometimes have information, but it's very rare.

Does nobody play monks anymore? I haven't seen any leveling up in agnostics and I don't think Vado has an active one.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446679953285
http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446679555780

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Dear SOE - one of the key ways to make your F2P games something that I impulse spend money on is ensuring that the install process isn't pants-on-head retarded. Even after using the full download option, the patcher is now "installing" the data after downloading all 18gb. A process which takes fuckin' forever and is also, apparently, prone to interruption.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

What are the best sites for AA advice and such now? Eq2flames seems pretty dead.

IMO the best thing to do and what I do is find out who is the cream of the crop for that class and stalk them on http://u.eq2wire.com/
Creep on the top raiding guild's main raiders: http://progress.eq-raiders.com/

If you know of someone who is good at their class and runs a lot of heroics or has a good raid set up, they may have a good heroic content AA set up too (or use the same for both). You can also see different gear set ups they have. My chanter is private right now, but if I had it open you could see I have two gear sets - raid and crafting. Since I no longer raid I've been picking up heroic pieces and will add a heroic gear set up.

Check out this ranger, Jacun: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/433792030091 He's got a main set, DPS set, and a tank set. The new hotness is making scouts tank this xpac in raid content :rolleyes:

A good way just by viewing online to get a good basis of how good someone is: how much do they care? Are they fully adorned with at least T10.5 greater adorns (superiors are hard to come by). Are they wearing purple war runes that make sense? For example: I don't care who you are, a chanter should be wearing purple adorns that benefit the group. Winds of Obol & Truespirit's Legacy before anything selfish (and as an added note, it's completely stupid to not wear them because they help the chanter out too). I've had many arguments with chanters who drop those two for stupid poo poo like personally increasing proc rates and AE Autoattack increase. Don't get me wrong, chanters can put a hurt on poo poo. But increasing the group's DPS increases your DPS as well (like a 19 million VC).

Raid gear is sweet but drat sometimes it's terrible for heroics. Like http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3340014680 Most heroic fights do not last long enough for this baby to really proc up and be worth it for the group.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Have they made scouts tank since MMIS? The last boss I remember scouts tanking before AOM is Tactician's Armor. Though apparently my Channeler is our SECRET WEAPON for Grimlings.

Copying AA specs is cool, but you also need an understanding of WHY they did what they did, and also that sometimes something they did is for them and may not work for you.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301377400464

This is the Channeler I mainly follow. I use most of their AA set up, but there are a few places I disagree with solely because I am not rocking amazing raid gear and Avatar gear (please give reliquary oh god i want it i am going to do TOV just for the AEx2 CM version of it).

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Like Tsu said. The problem with using high-end raiders' profiles is that they will swap AA out based upon softcaps/hardcaps they've hit. It's definitely a good idea to template off them but knowing the stat baselines to shoot for as well as the prioritization of those stats is more important to begin with.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-thursday-january-29-2015.557096/

Patch tomorrow.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I've been running around the past few days on my various digital mans and womans. Hit me up if you see me around. I still play with my old guildies on Unrest often, but I pop over onto AB sometimes as Cattecattecatte or Woowoowoowoowoo.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Don't tell anyone, but you can send tells cross server and ask people questions and they can sometimes answer you!!!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
gently caress Ghoulbane. Why do I keep doing this to myself over and over again? I hate running to the mage tower with a passion on a level appropriate character. No way I know of to sneak there with an evil character to bypass the gate guards. Just those two trips get me every time.

Oh gently caress Specter of Ire too.

EDIT: Welp, I found the way safely through after all these years. Hoooray!

Givin fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 31, 2015

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
Every time I even think of resubbing, Venril Sathier's face comes up and how broken Veeshan's Peak was back in the day and I remember fondly watching our raid leader lose his poo poo and seeing 3/4 of the guild disbanding after a bad wipe in VP. The 3 months of infighting in Genesis after we left 1/2 the raid force behind to "get ahead" in VP before Elysium always makes me nerd rage, considering they went in and cleared it in like 2 weeks.

Video game drama is always more entertaining.

edit: just found my eq2flames account information and went looking for older guild info (Aenigma, Genesis, etc) and they all look to be dead. Talk about depressing. :(

Catpants McStabby fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 31, 2015

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Do you guys think Beastlords or Rangers are better for moloing and general mucking about nowadays? Which are easier to play?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Ranger.

How to win at ranger:

Pick Crit bonus / potency gear. Poison auto consume on. Auto attack on.

AFK.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Do you guys think Beastlords or Rangers are better for moloing and general mucking about nowadays? Which are easier to play?

Both are pretty easy to level. Beastlord is hilarious murdertrain from level 20 with no effort though.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I believe they've changed the beastlord from the powerhouse it was when I used to play it, but the only part I disliked about it was managing the pet.

The ranger does not have that issue, and this causes it to be much easier to play.

Overall, they were both fun classes when I played, but the pet vs no pet was a big enough deal to eventually cause me to stop playing my beastlord.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't played in forever. I'm definitely going to get in on this. Eithe as a Mystic/Defiler or Warden or something. I like being a character who has a pet. What're ALLLLLL the options for pet classes, including charmed-pet classes that there used to be when I last played? I like that gameplay style a lot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

I haven't played in forever. I'm definitely going to get in on this. Eithe as a Mystic/Defiler or Warden or something. I like being a character who has a pet. What're ALLLLLL the options for pet classes, including charmed-pet classes that there used to be when I last played? I like that gameplay style a lot.

Beastlord, customizable tameable permanent pet.
Channeler, customizable indestructible permanent pet.
Mystic/Defiler, stupid dog that dies all the time.
Illusionist, your own clone!
Coercer, clone raid bosses and scare people not paying attention.
Conjuror/Necromancer, permanent pets of various flavors.

A bunch of classes also have mini pets that aren't really pets, like floating books and poo poo, or dumbfire/temp pets that you summon and they do a thing and go away after a bit.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Considering my love of healing, Mystic or Defiler it is! Also Illusionist possible.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Considering my love of healing, Mystic or Defiler it is! Also Illusionist possible.

Channeler heals too. And it's pet isn't useless like the Shaman's.

edit: Also, can anyone in YOGS send an invite? Should I just pester whoever I see online?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I would try either of the new classes, but no money to give to SOE to buy it with. I won't be shelling out funds for a long time on EQ2, hopefully.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

joshtothemaxx posted:

Channeler heals too. And it's pet isn't useless like the Shaman's.

edit: Also, can anyone in YOGS send an invite? Should I just pester whoever I see online?

Anyone who is rank 3 or higher can invite (and use the harvest box) and I try to promote anyone I see/invite to that rank when I'm on. I'm on Mishaguji right now if you need an invite.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
ok 3rd time is the charm maybe. Thinking about doing this one again.

Is there actual grouping? Last few times I got sidetracked and never tried really.

Thank you in advance.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Sarah posted:

Ranger.

How to win at ranger:

Pick Crit bonus / potency gear. Poison auto consume on. Auto attack on.

AFK.

Ranger also gets the suffix title "The Salvo Master". This was a game changer for me.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, snipe. I forgot about Befriend Animal of Rangers. Is that something that actually functions well, or is it a gimmick and worthless?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I tried out a ranger at 90 and it was incredibly rad, leveling one starting at one though... :catstare: About what level do they start picking up at?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I tried out a ranger at 90 and it was incredibly rad, leveling one starting at one though... :catstare: About what level do they start picking up at?

I, personally, think it picks up in the 20-30 range. The biggest problem is missing your shots early on and gently caress the bow has a 9 second delay! :argh:

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I remember the game running poorly just cause, but I think it is spiking because of the downloading in the background.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

No idea, just do what I do and take some idiot's account over that has a max level ranger and make it sexy.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Just kidding, you know I love you Bort.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What story is this pertaining to a Bort and a RAnger?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Mr. Blackbort quit a while ago and left his account in my possession. I've been taking care of his poor ranger that was neglected. I think I also leveled up the SK, but haven't put any gear on it yet, still lacking the shards to trade in for a full set.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

That one of the robots I see standing around?

Sometimes I see heap of people in the guild roster and get all exited but then I realise its a multi-boxer, crushing my dreams... :smith:

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Hit 90 last night against my will in an agnostic dungeon, I thought I could ride that gravy train until 350 AA but once i hit 340 the next pull leveled me up :(

I was flying around the AoM zone soaking up exploration xp when a bird thing attacked and beat the poo poo outta me so I think I'll quest in Withering until 92 or try to find a Skyshrine group. Nice to be earning prestige points though, way more of a boost to my DPS than the last 20 points of my AAs!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The last 10 AA are pretty slow. Still faster than my Eyes of Draazak, which I started at like L98 and 320 AA and still aren't 50.

Next week Agnostic changes hit. You can ride it to 95.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Sardikar posted:

That one of the robots I see standing around?

Sometimes I see heap of people in the guild roster and get all exited but then I realise its a multi-boxer, crushing my dreams... :smith:

Dreams are crushed no more, a few days ago I went back to my other guild to level it up.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SOE got sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

This company that bought SOE sounds pretty sketchy imo. I bet this bodes really well for Planetside 2 and H1Z1 and who the gently caress knows for all the EQ games (and DCUO).