Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Why do people keep talking about the souls games in a metroidvania thread

It's the thread for Good Game Genres now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

so... if ISIS captured you & forced you to pick between Metroid or Castlevania.. which would you choose?

Metroid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

castlevania here

Hell I can respect that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only castlevanias I've played are the DS ones. Has SotN held up well? Might play that soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

metroid hands down.

Either choice would be made hands down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

largely unrelated, but the machine gun is Cave Story is probably my fave weapon in any 2D platformer or similar ilk. the risk/reward of getting it to max level and then hovering around through levels, trying not to get hit. Extremely good weapon design, love that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Someone needs a diaper change. Oh wait. It's just your posts. You mess with the bull you get the horns you turd. gently caress off.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ralp posted:

there are at least three metroid threads going in this forum alone.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rondoge.

• Locked thread