Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I finally found their custom maps and they got mafia, a zombie game, and dark deeds. I think I am good for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Falsum posted:

This is not at all what this blog post is doing, but keep crying about it, it's pretty obvious you're not arguing in good faith.

Someone linked it here as the ultimate evidence that SC2 is awful because of the pathing a few threads back and that's stuck with me.

It has a bunch of quotes that are very dumb from the author reaching but it's one of the more moderate things I've seen written on SC1/SC2.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Third World Reggin posted:

is diablo 3 actually free cause lol

It's free up to level 20 or some poo poo. Diablo 3 is actually good now, btw

Better than Crap of Exile, at least :iamafag:

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Why is there a Battle.Net client now? What is with all these clients, why can't people just use loving Steam jesus.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wootman posted:

Why is there a Battle.Net client now? What is with all these clients, why can't people just use loving Steam jesus.

monopolies suck rear end dude, look at how poo poo skype is becoming

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

blizzard makes boring, lifeless videogames.

That's true, but they're also the least bad at making Diablo games.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

That's true, but they're also the least bad at making Diablo games.

:chloe:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Diablo 3:RoS is the best modern ARPG and SC2: HotS is the best modern RTS. What the heck how are you all such little bmers?

"Blizzard games have no soul!"
*Goes back to Path of Exile*

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Diablo 3:RoS is the best modern ARPG and SC2: HotS is the best modern RTS. What the heck how are you all such little bmers?

"Blizzard games have no soul!"
*Goes back to Path of Exile*

The people who like Path of Exile are weird sex offenders like Dexters Secret.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Dexters Secret posted:

monopolies suck rear end dude, look at how poo poo skype is becoming

Skype isn't a monopoly, the gently caress are you talking about?

Also it sucks poo poo now because Microsoft bought it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Diablo 3:RoS is the best modern ARPG

That's the weirdest misspelling of Titan Quest: Immortal Throne that I've ever seen.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Skype is a monopoly on really bad UI design that gets worse with every update.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Skype is a bloated piece of poo poo that all my friends like using for whatever reason. It freezes my Xbox One when I use it wtf.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wootman posted:

Skype is a bloated piece of poo poo that all my friends like using for whatever reason. It freezes my Xbox One when I use it wtf.

your friends are using it to nudecam with eachother, sorry that you're missing out

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nice. Check it out everyone! Free turds at the supermarket today!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Frank Horrigan posted:

Skype isn't a monopoly, the gently caress are you talking about?

they got everyone in under one roof because everything else sucked and it gave them free reign to cram in a bunch of loving ads and there's no good alternative

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

your friends are using it to nudecam with eachother, sorry that you're missing out

awe.. man :(

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Dexters Secret posted:

they got everyone in under one roof because everything else sucked and it gave them free reign to cram in a bunch of loving ads and there's no good alternative

Hangouts is widespread and technically superior. Also, the lovely ads everywhere is because of Microsoft. They were decent before the buyout, turned to poo poo almost instantly afterwards.

Did anybody ever play that time-travel RTS called Achron or something like that? It looked pretty sweet but it just dropped off the radar and I never heard of it again.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Frank Horrigan posted:

Hangouts is widespread and technically superior. Also, the lovely ads everywhere is because of Microsoft. They were decent before the buyout, turned to poo poo almost instantly afterwards.

Did anybody ever play that time-travel RTS called Achron or something like that? It looked pretty sweet but it just dropped off the radar and I never heard of it again.

they would not be as poo poo if they had serious competition forcing them to be not poo poo. hangouts blows.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Frank Horrigan posted:

Forgot all about it.

edit; after reading the wiki, I still have no idea how the gently caress this game worked

edit edit;

wtf posted:

Chronoporting may lead to the grandfather paradox. In order to solve this, the game's engine automatically switches between the two possible outcomes. For instance, if a tank travels to the past and destroys the factory that created it, the tank survives and the factory is destroyed with the passing of a time-wave, vice versa with the passing of another, and so on until one outcome falls out of the boundaries of the timeline and the other becomes the absolute outcome.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 24, 2015

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Yeah, like I said it looked pretty sweet. Might have to pick it up, the way they handle time travel sounds trippy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Forgot all about it.

edit; after reading the wiki, I still have no idea how the gently caress this game worked

edit edit;

what the gently caress that sounds cool

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Goat posted:

Someone linked it here as the ultimate evidence that SC2 is awful because of the pathing a few threads back and that's stuck with me.

It has a bunch of quotes that are very dumb from the author reaching but it's one of the more moderate things I've seen written on SC1/SC2.

cool old video of a hydralisk walking through a big pile of zerglings and zerglings running up a cliff and zerglings attacking marines and they look like running water

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Bobnumerotres posted:

what the gently caress that sounds cool

yeah I remember watching gameplay videos where Player A would be wrecking Player B's poo poo with an army, B would send some forces back in time and destroy the facilities that produced A's army, etc.

The concept is the coolest thing I've ever heard for an RTS, I just never played the final product so I don't know how janky it is. I know the graphics sucked, though.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

why would i want to play this even for free when brood war still exis\ts

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
you lost your cd key

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looking around at a few reviews for Achron, it seems like it was pretty lovely. Everyone was kind of stoked about how well the time travel component was implemented, but everything else was poo poo. Generic, unbalanced, bad path-finding, basically all the RTS sins. Also to do multiplayer you needed to synchronize a P2P thing by meeting in an IRC channel. Even then it worked only some of the time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol if you play multiplayer in any RTS with not-friends

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Looking around at a few reviews for Achron, it seems like it was pretty lovely. Everyone was kind of stoked about how well the time travel component was implemented, but everything else was poo poo. Generic, unbalanced, bad path-finding, basically all the RTS sins. Also to do multiplayer you needed to synchronize a P2P thing by meeting in an IRC channel. Even then it worked only some of the time.

That's depressingly disappointing. It was such a cool idea. :smith:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
whats the best user made scenario?? i prefer (6)peasure_kerrigan!.scm

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Naked Bitch 2.scx

kerrigan has sex with duke.scm

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Dec 26, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also to do multiplayer you needed to synchronize a P2P thing by meeting in an IRC channel. Even then it worked only some of the time.

what lol

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Protoss Gas Race V.8.0 :hitler:

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

dang now i want to play brood war ums maps but alas

Third World Reggin posted:

you lost your cd key

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

rapeKerrigan!.scx

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

I think I like Dawn of War and even Dawn of War II more than SC2.

Greygoo might also be a good RTS, OP.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I LIKE TO BUILD 200 SUPPLY OF VOIDRAYS EVERY SINGLE TIME

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Dawn of War is the jankiest piece of poo poo game and for a while it was all me and my friends played on LAN.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
me and my brother play command and conquer red alert on LAN still and just build mammoth tanks and do the glitch where the grenade guys can throw all the way across the map and its fun. I guess the lesson is that when you're having fun with people you have fun with, it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

i bought the first starcraft when i was 15, played it for like an hour and gave it to my dumb friend

he still loves starcraft and im still friends with him so just in that little story ive made two bad decisions. thanks for reading.

• Locked thread