Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I seeN Kenyon Martin jawing at John Henson about playing tougher defense and the next play Henson swatted the gently caress out the ball as well as drawing the foul and I realized I shoulda voted for every Buck instead of just two or three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Yeah, I redid mine for maximum homerness. Homerism? Homerosity?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Swaggy P gonna kill the ironic vote this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Blind Pineapple posted:

Swaggy P gonna kill the ironic vote this year.

There is nothing ironic about loving the embodiment of pure joy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

There is nothing ironic about loving the embodiment of pure joy.

I agree, but he's talking about Swaggy P not Ricky Rubio

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Just a heads up: Papa Nurkic is great but he is NOT an active NBA player. Also, if you put him on the same list as his kid it means that you're actually using him to steal a point from his family.

This may or may not result in him hunting you down and using those giant fists to beat you into a fine pulp.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

I agree, but he's talking about Swaggy P not Ricky Rubio
Yeah and Swaggy P is kind of sad this season

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zach Lowe posted:

And Whiteside? The dude is just rampaging over the league like Godzilla. He has rebounded 26.5 percent of all missed shots while on the floor, a mark that would rank as the fourth-greatest ever. He has a shockingly soft touch on putbacks, jumpers, and hooks.

He has blocked 11 percent of opponent shots while on the floor, a mark that would break the NBA record. These aren’t empty blocks, either; Whiteside keeps a lot of them in bounds, and opponents are shooting an awful percentage at the rim when he’s around, per SportVU data.

He’s a legit threat to dunk anything on the pick-and-roll, which opens up driving lanes for Miami’s sad point guards and allows Bosh to gobble up easy spot-up looks

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
we're 39 ballots deep and TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF VOTING so if you haven't already send me your list before the end of Bulls vs Cavs.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 12, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Voting's over, we ended up at 43 ballots which I'm pretty sure is more than last time. I'll start the countdown later today.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't wait to find out if I was the only one to vote for Jason Terry.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#50 Jamal Crawford (51 points)
last time we did this: #53
Made 4 out of 43 lists, highest voted #4

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#49 Nikola Vučević (51 points)
last time we did this: #78
Made 5 out of 43 lists, highest voted #4

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
gently caress Jamal Crawford forever and ever for playing great, then being signed by Portland and playing like rear end, then leaving Portland and playing well again.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#48 Kyle Lowry (52 points)
last time we did this: #70
Made 5 out of 43 lists, highest voted #5

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'm surprised Lowry was that low. I don't think I voted for him, but still.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#47 DeMar DeRozan (53 points)
last time we did this: #99
Made 6 out of 43 lists, highest voted #1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We have an unnaturally high number of raptor and magic fans.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#46 Draymond Green (55 points)
last time we did this: -
Made 4 out of 43 lists, highest voted #2

Draymond Green is awesome and I'm totally not biased or anything

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
He made only 4 lists?! For shame, goons.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#45 Derrick Rose (56 points)
last time we did this: #14
Made 6 out of 43 lists, highest voted #5

First guy in the top 50 to be rated significantly lower than two years ago.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack's Flow posted:

He made only 4 lists?! For shame, goons.

A dude playing fundamentally sound defense is not really that much fun to watch. He excels mostly at preventing other people from doing rad things. That is a boring sort of excellence for most people, I think.

On the other hand I put Reggie Evans one so I am also a completely biased dumb ol' hypocrit.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I can't imagine why Derrick Rose fell so much; last night's game proves definitively he's as good as ever!

(I had originally left him off my list until I slotted him in at 20 at the last minute :smith:)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wanted to find a place for Reggie Evans on my list, but I couldn't. If he was getting enough time to punch dicks and pull off more of his patented 0/15/0 performances I probably would have found a place.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#44 Carmelo Anthony (57 points)
last time we did this: #26
Made 7 out of 43 lists, highest voted #2

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 13, 2015

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wondered if I was placing Melo too high on my list because the Knicks are a hole of despair and as such I haven't really enjoyed watching him play as much as I used to, but then I realized the hat game was more than enough to make up for that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I can't wait to find out if I was the only one to vote for Jason Terry.

same but steven adams

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#43 Andre Drummond (62 points)
last time we did this: #94
Made 6 out of 43 lists, highest voted #5

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#42 Eric Bledsoe (62 points)
last time we did this: #159
Made 5 out of 43 lists, highest voted #1

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#41 Vince Carter (67 points)
last time we did this: #103
Made 10 out of 43 lists, highest voted #8

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#40 Jusuf Nurkić (68 points)
last time we did this: -
Made 8 out of 43 lists, highest voted #1

Once again, only one of those guys plays in the NBA

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Illinois Smith posted:

#41 Vince Carter (67 points)
last time we did this: #103
Made 10 out of 43 lists, highest voted #8

He should have made everyone's list at least at the 20th spot in honor of "le dunk de la mort."

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Cory Joseph hasn't been listed yet. I'm surprised he's going to be higher than 40.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

hey Zach what do you think about placing lower on this than last time

#39 Zach Randolph (71 points)
last time we did this: #33
Made 7 out of 43 lists, highest voted #2

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Spacebump posted:

He should have made everyone's list at least at the 20th spot in honor of "le dunk de la mort."

In related news, I'm an idiot that forgot Vince :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

#38 LaMarcus Aldridge (73 points)
last time we did this: # 49
Made 9 out of 43 lists, highest voted #2

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

tarbrush posted:

In related news, I'm an idiot that forgot Vince :(

My list was mainly a joke and I remembered Vince. :mad:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Isn't there an edit of this where it like fades to black and shows the Euro guy with his birth and death years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i cant believe i had to vote jamal crawford, the most entertaining guard in the nba, #4 in order for him to make the list. what the gently caress.

• Locked thread