Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

twodot posted:

I agree with you in principle, but I think there is a problem here:

Useless dogpile threads wouldn't exist if the community didn't actively want them, I think any plausible implementation is going to require support from moderators.

People can want 1v1 debates and dogpile threads. It's not a zero-sum proposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

My Imaginary GF posted:

It doesn't need to be genocide, if islamists are willing to abandon the insurgent moniker or insurgents islam. You could impart a special counter-insurgency tax upon all muslims to pay for the actions of islamist insurgents and disincentivize their continued operations. Over time, individuals would abandon the islamist identifier due to tax implications. To speed up this process, one could also ban all islamists from holding state office and enforce it with penalty of death.

Still, this is detracting from the original point: logically, an islamist insurgency can only be eliminated by either removing islam or insurgency. Since we have failed to eliminate insurgency, there is only one answer: to eliminate an islamist insurgency, one must eliminate (what the insurgents understand to be) islam.

But then you're still left with insurgency. Which is the part that's, you know, actually bad.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

My Imaginary GF posted:

America plays to win American politics, which is why Boehner invited Bibi to speak before Congress. Defeating islamist insurgencies is a winning position in American politics, with the gamut of acceptable policy positions towards this end ranging eliminate islam to eliminate insurgents.

Let's debate about this. You vs any of the half-dozen posters in this thread willing to debase themselves talking to an ignorant malcontent such as yourself.

• Locked thread