Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
IRC sounds like a good idea to start. Also a libertarian debate would the the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

paragon1 posted:

If the Bible is to be believed, twenty youths per bear is not sufficient. I'm afraid we simply don't have enough data to decide.

This is information that died with the Roman Empire, like so much other stuff.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Armani posted:

Ideally, for actual debate you'd have an sub forum for this one but with much stricter posting rules (like The Film Dump to Cinema Discusso) and do a bunch of debate threads, heavily moderated, with a limited number of posters allowed to debate in the thread of their choice.

Random people off the street don't walk into debate clubs currently in session, which is kind of the environment of D&D by the way of SomethingAwful.

Discuss my discussion on debating in the debating and discussing forum.

Yeah, I think it's mostly a moderation problem. To have real debates on boards you need to cut down dogpiling and shitposting. A/T has way more effective debates than DnD in threads like Greece/Rome and Milhist, perhaps just because it has less traffic.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Panzeh posted:

A D&D where you had to realpost would be a much less entertaining forum, though.

So what? We rename DnD to LF and make a new DnD where people actually realpost?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Assuming the unarmed human was formed into a solid cylinder, six inches wide, and dropped from a sufficient height on top of the bear, probably rather less than one.

I agree that humans would be deadlier if they were in fact artillery shells.

• Locked thread