Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

Logically, there is only one method to eliminate islamist insurgents: eliminate islam.

I dare anyone to debate the logic of this point.

There's no logic in it, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

BrandorKP posted:

There are plenty of historical antecedents for the effectiveness of what he's suggesting. The "kill everybody who doesn't quit with the bullshit" route, is a pretty common solution historically. I think it's more viable to argue that to choose it is to be on the wrong side of history (the side of force and power.)

It may be effective but the statement is false.

Eliminating Islam will (by definition) eliminate Islamist insurgents; it is sufficient. It is not necessary, however, so his claim fails. And there's no logic there, it's just a claim.

Equally valid response: redefine the word 'insurgent' to include 'does not follow or acknowledge the existence of Islam" and you've eliminated Islamist insurgents.

• Locked thread