Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Logically, there is only one method to eliminate islamist insurgents: eliminate islam.

Please proceed, Mayor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

The chair refuses to recognize the naive poster from Germany.

Good side of history, bad side of history, doesn't matter since we've hit the end of history. The victor writes the history, and we're too soft to defeat this global islamist insurgency.

Did you watch "The Power of Nightmares" and decide to nakedly devote yourself to a fearmongering approach that even neoconservatives approached obliquely?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

America plays to win American politics, which is why Boehner invited Bibi to speak before Congress. Defeating islamist insurgencies is a winning position in American politics, with the gamut of acceptable policy positions towards this end ranging eliminate islam to eliminate insurgents.

Yes and the Aztec priesthood played to win Aztec priesthood politics, what a worthwhile observation.

It's falling apart MIGF. You've had a good run.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think that dog piles are wonderful, drive by posting is wonderful, and no amount of formalized debate or added rigor will prevent people from devolving into groupthink if they are so inclined. There is no force on earth that can reliably shake people loose from groupthink. It's actually what God is.

• Locked thread