Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

Goku would beat superman with his instant transmission. He'd instant transmission to the epicenter of the krypton explosion, coat himself in kryptonite, and instant transmission himself back. Superman could try to fly away and hide but goku would instant transmission next to him like some looney toons character till superman was dead.

Superman is not a man, he's the anthropomorphism of an ideal.

And that ideal is America. When created, and as the character has evolved, Superman represents all that is just and proper with the American spirit. He's a raging alcoholic, faster than a speeding bullet, who beats up gangsters and nazis for fun, and would have died had America lost WW2.

Goku is a character designed to sell dolls to Japanese men. The idea of America, personified as Superman, can kick the poo poo out of the Japanese any day of the week. Goku doesn't matter when nobody but for weeaboos is left alive to consume Goku-derived products. Goku is dead; Superman is eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trin Tragula posted:

So what you're saying here is that D&D needs less mass discussing, and more mass debating?

Logically, there is only one method to eliminate islamist insurgents: eliminate islam.

I dare anyone to debate the logic of this point.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

Well, now we have at least one topic for an outright debate that isn't Goku Vs Superman. Not sure genocide would have been my first choice, but hey... whatever gets the thread in motion.

It doesn't need to be genocide, if islamists are willing to abandon the insurgent moniker or insurgents islam. You could impart a special counter-insurgency tax upon all muslims to pay for the actions of islamist insurgents and disincentivize their continued operations. Over time, individuals would abandon the islamist identifier due to tax implications. To speed up this process, one could also ban all islamists from holding state office and enforce it with penalty of death.

Still, this is detracting from the original point: logically, an islamist insurgency can only be eliminated by either removing islam or insurgency. Since we have failed to eliminate insurgency, there is only one answer: to eliminate an islamist insurgency, one must eliminate (what the insurgents understand to be) islam.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 26, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

kustomkarkommando posted:

Point of order op, a lot of people seem to be addressing their posts to each other as opposed to the chair.

Bad form

The chair refuses to recognize the naive poster from Germany.

Good side of history, bad side of history, doesn't matter since we've hit the end of history. The victor writes the history, and we're too soft to defeat this global islamist insurgency.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Panzeh posted:

No, I flustered MIGF when I took a directly realist position. He actually takes a very distinct position that is far from realism when you pick at him on certain issues. His repugnance is his bankrupt logic, because an America that Plays to Win the Game would probably not pay Israel a dime, for example, and would instead be extracting tribute, but that is a policy he would find repugnant.

America plays to win American politics, which is why Boehner invited Bibi to speak before Congress. Defeating islamist insurgencies is a winning position in American politics, with the gamut of acceptable policy positions towards this end ranging eliminate islam to eliminate insurgents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Miltank posted:

Islam will outlast the U.S.

America isn't a place, its an ideal. It is the physical manifestation of elected government and representative bodies which ensure peaceful transition of political order. America is the oldest ambition of mankind; it is an eternal hope, the closest salvation we have in this life.

Islam? That's a relatively young ideology and is no different than other animist systems of tribal rituals. Islam is a flash-in-the-pan ideology which lives and dies with its adherants; America is an eternal ambition of our species.

• Locked thread