Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Vacation is a visual novel dating sim by a person named facades

That's all I know about it. I've beaten it 100% and it's a great game and I'm gonna LP it for you. I want everybody to see it. It's good.

Updates
Update #1: Meeting the Bachelors
Update #2: Being Served
Update #3: Maybe Something Happens, Maybe Not
Update #4: Ending?
Update #5: Daisuke is an awful chef
Update #6: Yumi is an awful person
Update #7: The Best Ending

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Update #1: Meeting the Bachelors

DAY 1

: I could finally breathe freely again. I had waited three whole months for this day to come. But this was my last summer vacation as a college student. When school ends next year, I would be thrown into the working world. I didn't even want to start thinking about that yet. My aunt had sent me a letter. She wanted to make the summer exceptionally special for me and had invited me overto her peaceful countryside home. It may sound boring, but I'm the type of person who loves some peace and quiet from time to time. And my Aunt added a PS: I promise you'll have a great time! How could I possibly reject that? But little did I know that this last summer vacation was going to be the best one of my life.

In one of the restaurants at the countryside

: So Yumi-Chan, how do you like it here?
: Yes Aunt, your home is beautiful, and your neighborhood is too!
: I just knew you were suited for the countryside, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. You've grown skinnier since we last met! Has school been that taxing? Well it's time to fatten you up now, this restaurant is the best in this town. You must try the food here! Oh and.. the waiters are hot!
She winked at me playfully

: So.... Is this the hot waiter?
: Yes please Kenichi-kun, and do bring over all the menus you have. Including the special promotion menu and the dessert menu. I want to fatten up my niece here.
: Aunt!
: Ok ok, just kidding..
: Well you don't have to worry about that, I think your niece is just beautiful the way she is now.
: Aww that's so sweet Kenichi-kun, I think Yumi-chan's blushing..
: No, I'm not!
: Well, here's your seat. Please wait for a moment. My brother has started his training to become a waiter today. I hope you don't mind if he takes your orders.
: Hikaru-kun is going to be a waiter? That's wonderful! It's so heartening to see you all work so hard in order to sustain the family's business.
: It's nothing, it's just something we love to do and should do. I'll go get Hikaru now, please excuse me..
: This is their family's business?
: Yup that's right, the three brothers took over the business after their parents had left. It's amazing that they run this whole place by themselves, considering their age. Why, Daisuke-kun is the same age as you! Kenichi-kun is the eldest brother and takes really good care of his younger brothers. Daisuke-kun is the middle brother, he's the one who cooks all this great food!
: Wow, he's my age and he cooks all the food in this restaurant?
: Yup, and not only is his food good...His looks are really good too!
: I thought I was here to see the beauty of the countryside, not the guys!
: Tsk tsk, you have no idea huh....These guys are the beauty of this countryside..
: Ahhh I see what you mean..

: Wah, he's really nervous.
: Hikaru-kun!Loosen up a bit! It's just the Aunt who lives next door and my, as your brother says it,beautiful niece.
: We live next door to them?!
: W..w...what would you like to have?
: ...sigh,Hikaru-kun is still nervous... Let's see.. we'll have the sushi set, the tonkatsu set... And for dessert we'll have your store's special Japanese sweets.
: P..p..please wait for a moment!
: Why is he so nervous?
: Well.. Hikaru-kun has always been like that, he's the youngest of the three. He has always been following his elder brothers around. After his parents left, he became very dependent on them. He's the only brother who's still studying in high school. But he helps out in the restaurant after he comes back from school. This is the first time he's tried being a waiter though, do cut him some slack..
: H..hh..here's your meal, please enjoy!
: Wow, the food smells so good, and the presentation is so beautiful.
Aunt wasted no time and immediately started on her meal.
: This is really delicious! You must try this, Yumi-chan! You've gotta meet the person who cooked such good food! Kenichi!
: Yes? May I help you?
: Please help me ask Daisuke-kun to come out of the kitchen for a while. We'd just love to thank him for such a delicious meal!
: I'm glad to hear that you like it and I'm sure that Daisuke would be very glad too.. Please wait for a moment, I'll go get him right away.
: I wish I could cook such nice food and create such exquisite Japanese sweets too!
: You Yumi-chan? It's ten years too early for you to say that..hohoho..
: What?! I know I can if I try!

: Daisuke-kun ! Your skills have improved! This is amazing! Right Yumi-chan?
: Ahh.. yup..
Daisuke stared at me with curious eyes.
: Aunt, who's this cutie sitting with you?
: Hohoho.. Yumi-chan's my niece, she's staying with me for the summer, you two should get to know each other better.
Aunt nudged me with her elbow.
: Oww.. but Aunt was right, he does cook, and look, good.
: Hmmm..well I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, I'm always so happy to see smiles on my customers' faces. Especially on a face as cute as yours, Yumi-chan! I have to get back to work! I'll see you around Yumi-chan! .... and Aunt too!
: Hmmm.. Yumi-chan just arrived in my territory and she's so popular already.... Aunt is jealous...
: You can't be serious!
: Hohoho.. but honestly Yumi-chan, I really wouldn't mind if one of the three brothers becomes my nephew-in-law.. They are all so sweet and adorable.
: Y..yo..you're thinking too far!
: Hoho.. alright,I think I've teased you enough for today I've had my fun, let's go back home and help you unpack.

: She always acts like some boy-crazy high school girl. But I know that she's purposely doing that for me, to try to connect to my age group and think at our level. And I just love her for being herself, always so carefree and jovial. But it does seem that there's more to this place than I had imagined.. Maybe I won't be having my peaceful summer days after all. The food today was so good.. I still can't believe that Daisuke-kun cooks everything himself. I think I'll go over to their restaurant again for breakfast tomorrow, and maybe for some Japanese sweets too. ....And maybe also for the eyecandy.

DAY 2

: Oh hello again Yumi-chan, it's great to see you! Who would you like to serve you today?

Who will we ask to serve us at the restaurant? Will we ask the oldest brother, waiter Kenichi, to serve us? Or the youngest brother, waiter-in-training Hikaru? Or maybe we'll just ask the cook and middle brother Daisuke if he can serve us the food directly.

Voting starts NOW!

Update #1: Meeting the Bachelors: End

Next Time: Update #2: Being Served

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Was dating Speedwagon truly not enough for you?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heavy Sigh posted:

Was dating Speedwagon truly not enough for you?

No.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Daisuke-kun is clearly the dreamiest of the three, so let's start with the best before we experience crushing disappointment with the other two.

Also, is the aunt's name really Aunt? No wonder she's on the prowl for younger guys.

e: Will we get to vote on who Aunt ends up with?

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
H...h...h...Hikaru-kun. How far will his act go?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
kite why

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

It was either this or Laxius Power

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Hikaru, he needs to learn at some point

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

> Equip Condom.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gihon posted:

> Equip Condom.

This is a safe for work, family friendly title. There are no condoms in this game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Whoa, going condomless on the first date, bold move

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

forbidden lesbian posted:

Whoa, going condomless on the first date, bold move

Just between you and me, with how irradiated these guys look I don't think we'll have to worry about getting knocked up

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hiraku, also thread tag is very appropriate.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Of the three, Hikaru reminds me most of whatsisname from Torn Apart. So let's go with him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Was this made in MS paint?

Serious question.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
None of these are pigeons, I'm so confused.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The three of them appeal so much, I can't pick just one.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

FirstAidKite posted:

It was either this or Laxius Power

Well see now you just made things harder on yourself because now you have two projects to do and yes you are doing Laxius Power too and I'm gonna see to it that it happens.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Steak Eater posted:

Well see now you just made things harder on yourself because now you have two projects to do and yes you are doing Laxius Power too and I'm gonna see to it that it happens.

I haven't beaten laxius power 3 yet!!

And I don't own copies of laxius force 2 and 3.

And I haven't played the gaiden laxius game where you play as the creator's fans going on a trip through his computer and avoiding hot chicks to save the creator of the laxius games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Instead I'm just here playing this FAN loving TASTIC video game

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

You should stream this again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

You should stream this again.

You should tell me who yumi-chan is going to date!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
By the way Hikaru won so I'm gonna start on the next update here.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Update #2: Being Served

DAY 2 CONTINUED

The choice has been made so on Day 2 we will be being served by Hikaru.

: G..?
: G..Good morning.
: Ahh! Good morning Hikaru-kun! It's a nice day today!
: Maybe itis...... your order?
: Oh yes, I'll have.. grilled fish, rice and green tea please.
: Please wait for ... a moment.
: I wonder ifI could help Hikaru-kun be less nervous and more familiar with me. I'm sure he doesn't stutter in front of his brothers. I guess it'll take some time for him to get used to me since I'm a newcomer.

: I'm seriously sorry!
: Ahh.. It's alright Hikaru-kun, it'll dry up soon! Don't worry about it~ There were tears in the corners of Hikaru's eyes. Oh no! I have to think of a way to cheer him up.. Hikaru-kun...
: Y..yes?
: Hikaru looked up at me How about I give you some special training?
: Sp..special training?
: Yup, I was a part-time waitress for a short period of time before, maybe I could give you some tips so you wouldn't be so nervous?

: Ok here goes, first you must think of your customers as friends: customers are friends, not enemies.
: Customers are friends.. not enemies.
: You always want to give your friends the best, and to make them happy. So put on a smile and spread some cheerfulness by being cheerful!
: Oo.Ok !
: Ok.. repeat after me and don't stutter.. Welcome!
: Welcome!
: Would you like a set meal?
: Would you like a set meal?
: or would you like some sweets?
: or would you like some sweets?
: or...... me?
: or...... me? EHH!!

: Ehhh.. That is so mean Oneechan...

: I'm sorry, I'm sorry ~
: I'm not to be given away Yumi-neechan.. but maybe only to a special person..
: A special person?
: Yeah... a special.. person..
: Hikaru blushed a deep shade of red. I tried to change the subject. Anyway, Hikaru-kun, are you free afterwards?
: W..why?
: I was just wondering if you could give me a tour ofthis town, I would love to explore it.... if you would be my guide..
: I..I would love to but I've got homework to do and Kenichi-nisan will kill me if I don't finish it.
: I can't really imagine Kenichi-kun getting angry with Hikaru, but maybe that's his responsibility as a big brother. I could help you with your homework, maybe we could go on a tour, and then find a nice quiet place to study.
: You will? Oh thank you Yumi-neechan! I'll finish up my duties and get my homework right away!
: He looks so cute when he smiles! But he's almost always so nervous that he forgets tosmile.... I hope I can make him smile more..

: Are you ready to go?Yumi-neechan?

: It's.. it's pretty huh? Do.. do you like it?
: Yup it's cute, but I have many skirts already, I shouldn't splurge on myself so much.

: Oh no! Hikaru-kun! I hope I didn't cause you to feel bad again, that was just an accident, please don't worry about that!
: I.. I'll try not to..

: You have that much homework?

: I've been concentrating on my waiter-training.... so I forgot all about my homework..
: Well, looks like we've got our work cut out for us then! Let's see.. How about starting with Japanese Language? Hikaru was learning how to write and read some difficult Kanji. Kanji can sometimes be really difficult, there are so many characters that most Japanese never learn all of the kanji characters, but only just enough to communicate. No Hikaru-kun, you've written thatwrongly! That stroke doesn't go there! I got up and stood behind Hikaru. Taking his hand in mine, I helped him write the character properly. Now you see? I's written this way, not the other way..

: What's wrong Hikaru? We've only just started..
: Ahh..! I'm sorry, I'll try to concentrate.. (Softly) But it's just a little hard to concentrate with you around..

: Thanks Yumi-neechan! You shouldn't waste a nice afternoon like this, just teaching me boring stuff.. I can handle this on my own now.
: What should I do?

After suffering through first degree burns on her legs, ruining her skirt, and helping HIKARU with his homework, YUMI must now decide what she wants to do. Does she STAY WITH HIKARU in order to help the high school student finish his homework, does she STAY IN THE LIBRARY to maybe check out some books or something, or does she TAKE A WALK IN THE PARK and hope that nobody there does anything creepy to her like fondling her hair or something?

Start your votes NOW!

Update #2: Being Served: End

Next time: Update #3: Maybe Something Happens, Maybe Not

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Stay with Hikari-kun ahh moe

Jacobus Spades
Oct 29, 2004

Ditch that clumsy loser and go to the park

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Jacobus Spades posted:

Ditch that clumsy loser and go to the park

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
He's a terrible person. Park time!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Nothing bad can happen in the park, I'm sure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really don't think you guys want to go on the park path

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

FirstAidKite posted:

Now that you've said that, we REALLY want to go on the park path.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

FirstAidKite posted:

Park then. :smug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Update #3: Maybe Something Happens, Maybe Not

DAY 2: CONTINUED: CONTINUED

A powerful choice has been made. Yumi is going to the park.

: There were many flowers, trees, ponds, birds.. I looked in amazement at the magnificent scenary before me. Suddenly, as I was distracted by the beauty of it all, I felt a hand gently combing through my hair..

: Ah look! What a beautiful flower!

: Is..is that alright? Isn't this public property?

: Talk about compatibility, a beautiful flower, for the most beautiful princess..
: Ehh?!
: Come, there's more to this park than just flowers! There's a pond full of koi fish,ducks and swans...

: So, my princess, I'd really love to know more about you.
: Ehh? Hmm.. I'm studying in a university in the city.. and staying in the university's hostel, my life is usually full of college activities, work, projects.. Nothing too interesting to talk about really.. I blushed, his question was so sudden! I couldn't think of any interesting reply and just answered honestly.
: Well I think that's interesting enough! It must be real fun to go to university....

: You didn't go to university, Kenichi-kun?

: Oh no! Did I say something wrong?
: My parents were involved in an accident when I was still in high school. At that time, Daisuke was in middle school and Hikaru was in elementary. We didn't have any close relatives to take care of us. It was Aunt.. Your Aunt.. who always came over to make sure we were alright. I just wanted Daisuke and Hikaru to grow up happily. Your Aunt tried to persuade me to concentrate on my studies, and that she would take care of us. But I couldn't bring myself to trouble your Aunt, your Aunt wasn't even married yet.. I couldn't leave my brothers behind either, after our parents had left us, I felt that I needed them a lot more closer to me. Many people were pressing us to sell away our parent's restaurant. Because it would give us some funds to survive through the part of our lives before we found work. But Daisuke, Hikaru and I just couldn't, there were too many memories of our parents in that place.

: Dad was the Chef and Mom was the waitress.. We would help out after school everyday, there were many funny incidents..

: ... But I still really love this town, even with unhappy things that happened. They make the happy things seem a lot more happier, because you have something to contrast them against. Anyway Yumi-chan, I really hope that you'll have a great vacation and many good memories to bring back home.

: Hmm? Sorry, what did you say?
: N..Nothing, just a little sad that you're here to stay for only a short while.. Hmm.. I've got an idea! How about coming over to my house on Saturday? I'll prepare a surprise that will definitely make your stay a memorable one!
: Come over to your house?!
: Yup, it's not too inconvenient is it? We're next door neighbours...
: Err.. sure! How can I say no to a surprise from Kenichi-kun?
: Alright! Thanks Yumi-chan! I'll see you on Saturday!

DAY 3

: Why can't you spend more time in the restaurant instead of spending time with them?
: They are important to me, they love me, they need me!
: I won't interfere into your private life, but you don't seem to be as concerned with the restaurant as I am, and that kind of ticks me off! It's our family's restaurant ... Mom and Dad's..
: Yes, I know, But I promised them I will spend time with them!
: Girls are always needy huh?
: Girls?!
: Well I can't just leave them alone, they really like me, one of them even said she wants to marry me!
: Marry?!!
: Haha! Marry you? You can't be serious.. You've got to tell her that's not possible. But how did you answer her? I'm sure all the other girls wouldn't be happy with you if you said yes.
: I know, I'm not stupid, but I just want all of them to be happy..
: Well, ok just know that the restaurant needs your attention too alright? Mr. everyone wants your attention guy.
: I know, I will watch out.

: Where were you? where did you go?

: Yumi-chan?! Why are you crying?

: What's wrong Yumi-chan? you can talk to me. If I can do anything for you, I will. I will protect you, Yumi-Chan.

: Kenichi-kun, I heard your conversation with Daisuke-kun just now.. He said you were really popular with some girls.. and you love them.. and one of them wants to marry you..I...

: ... I think you've misunderstood something Yumi-chan.. I am...I..... If.. if you want to know the truth Yumi-chan. then come to the library on Monday in the morning. You'll understand all those things that we were talking about if you come, if you trust me enough to come. I'm sorry that I was the one who made you cry..

After a guy we never spoke to outside of a business context showed up in the park to fondle YUMI'S HAIR, YUMI fell in love with the creepy KENICHI and decided to go to his house for a DATE but discovered through eavesdropping that KENICHI is apparently popular with the ladies SOMEHOW. What is it that YUMI is going to do? Is she going to TRUST KENICHI AND GO TO THE LIBRARY AFTER FALLING IN LOVE WITH HIM AFTER 3 DAYS OF CONTACT, OR IN KENICHI'S CASE, ONLY 2 DAYS or is YUMI GOING TO NOT GO TO THE LIBRARY ON MONDAY AND JUST DO SOME OTHER poo poo OR SOMETHING?

Warning: This is the LAST choice in the game and it will determine what ENDING we get. Start your votes NOW!

Update #3: Maybe Something Happens, Maybe Not: End

Next time: Update #4: Ending?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm going to vote no because I want to see the "Yes" answer and the last two times I voted literally everyone else voted something different.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
No! This guy is creepy and suspicious as all hell. We should just pack our bags and go back home at this point.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Yes. The girls are obviously much younger (or older) than him, and he reads to them at the library or something.

I read too much shoujo manga for an obvious setup like that to catch me off guard.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Yes because... Uh... I dunno.

This game is like every shoujo story ever was put into a blender, set on high, and then powered up without a lid.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yes trust the creeper who rips out public property for a cheap pickup line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
YES because the quickest way to a woman's heart is through fondling her hair

• Locked thread