Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Volume posted:

yeah gently caress that poo poo and gently caress this Installing bullshit. When I press start the game should loving start

The Xbox 360 used to be reliable for this and then like 2 years ago almost every new game for it started requiring an install, not only delaying game time but also requiring you to buy an overpriced-as-gently caress hard drive from Microsoft if you bought one of the lower-end 360 bundles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The correct argument is probably closer to "the best game in a specific series is guaranteed to be one of its first four games."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wizgot posted:

Final Fantasy Series?

What? Final Fantasy IV was the best one. :colbert: The fact that I was 11 when I played it has nothing to do with it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Video games and music definitely got worse tho

I think video game badness just got enhanced with the technological leaps. Even in the early days you could see this; Roberta Williams' insanity was always there, but definitely way more pronounced in future games which allowed for more text, actual actors and poo poo like that. I'm also pretty sure there'd have been dumb bullshit like a tutorial box every time you got a rupee out of a treasure chest back in A Link To The Past if the SNES cartridge size at the time allowed for it.

Games were better when the cartridges weren't big enough to have things like "a story" or "writing", and the only thing you could have in your game was...well, game.

• Locked thread