Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In case anyone is interested or has doubts: holding the blade of a sword with your hands is not only safe but it was done quite a lot. Even without gloves or gauntlets. Here's a video about it. :eng101:

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It would have saved Granny Weatherwax a lot of trouble if she'd known that trick.
Well, it would've been a lot less impressive. I assume she was fully aware of it but chose the other way anyway.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 9, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Heaven are pretty much just assholes. If Ezekiel were to learn about what Bearnard is doing (drugging a sick old woman to trick her and her family along with their friends and the whole ordering rape thing) and then complained to St Michael he would just shrug and not give a gently caress. Everyone are assholes, hate witches and twirl their mustaches. :(

VVVVV more competent answer below.

Poil fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 2, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah... he doesn't seem to have all the pages in his bible.

Incidentally I thought I recognized a voice in another anime and when I looked it up I discovered that Viv is voiced by Mamiko Noto*. I was not expecting that at all. :stare:
*I don't have a clue which is her most famous role but you've probably heard of Kini Ni Todoke, where she voices the main character Sawako (which might be the only series I've watched where I didn't like her voice).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm slightly disappointed that Maria didn't instantly get pregnant at the ethereal hug moment. It would've been kinda fitting in my opinion. :v:

• Locked thread