Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think my problem with this show is the setting at large and the secondary cast are so serious and relatively grounded, but then our core cast are a bunch of anime as gently caress children who constantly talk about dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I actually do like the show. It's just really weird.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jarring as the humor can be, I do like the birds. They're like bickering marshmallows.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So much for taking Bernard seriously I guess.

Forest god seemed to deliberately conceal himself from Michael, but looked like it was about to contact the doubting Ezekiel. I wonder if the pagan deities are in direct conflict with heaven.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This episode was boring. Like, normally I am fine with repetition and a slow build but it feels like we've spent the last 4 episodes going through: Galfa is involved with amoral shenanigans, the Church does something sinister, Maria gets 3 different lectures on war, and Ezekiel doubts her faith.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the reason, not that it's really clear because this show has been spinning it's loving wheels for perhaps an episode or two too long, is tied into the whole power of belief thing. Michael and co don't necessarily wish for the other supers to gently caress off and die, as clearly he doesn't care about them running around on the fringes, what they're worried about is Christianity's preeminence, which would be endangered if every witch had free reign and valkyries went flying around on the visible spectrum. I think the scene here with the Celtic God as well as the previous one with Michael talking about Maria's supposed deific pretensions imply that the more people with faith in you, the stronger you are.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She said a few idealistic sentences to me, time to pace in circles and have an entire ecumenical council in my own head!

what an utterly ridiculous character

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's something funny to me about the inquisitor's reaction. "flying, barriers, fire, whatever but holy poo poo a cat girl!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Camp follower lady rules. Duel was okay, as was what happened afterwards. Was there even a reason for Cernunos to be in this show? I mean I guess to establish that the supernatural comes from human belief but that's been his only role aside of empty philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Odd guy, that Bernard, huge dick and you can't take him seriously but at least he's kind of memorable I guess. Him inventing pseudo-athiesm sure isn't where I figured this was going at the outset.

Strange show, kind of slow at points and could have been more detailed in places but waaaaay better than I think basically anyone expected it to be and pretty good overall.

• Locked thread