Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Obligatory ANN description:

quote:

During the Hundred Year's War between England and France in the Middle Ages, a powerful witch named Maria lives in a secret forest with her familiars. She hates the war around her, and will sometimes stir up trouble against the church that does nothing to stop it. Her interventions into the world, however, run against the plans of heaven, earning her the attention of the Archangel Michael.

Why should you watch this? Well, the director is Goro Taniguchi whose most famous show is Code Geass, but he also directed a bunch of other cool shows like Gun X Sword and Planetes. This is his first time directing an anime since Geass, and I'm glad he's back. And the manga itself is created by Masayuki Ishikawa, who isn't a big name by any means but you might know of him as the creator of Moyashimon, the manga about the college student that can see microorganisms. Oh and the animation production is being handled by Production I.G.

As for the show itself, it's a pretty fascinating take on the subject matter! Pretty fun cast so far, and personally I find it interesting how despite painting the church as hypocritical, it's more evenhanded with how it portrays individual people. Also, it has a bunch of funny raunchy humor, which also winds up being in service of some of the points it's making, so hey that's the best of both worlds right there.

I have not checked out the manga but from all accounts it's not a 1:1 adaption. The manga is already finished so anything that differs will have been planned from the start. And personally, as someone who hasn't read the manga yet, none of the additions have felt out of place so far. I wouldn't have known about them if nobody told me!

It's a good show and I am bad at doing an elevator pitch, so just check it out and make posts about it.

If you're an American it's available on Hulu, and all of North America can watch it on Funimation's site. Aussies can get it through Madman apparently? It's not letting me use the site but I assume you know where to go for that. As far as I can tell it doesn't appear to be on Crunchyroll for other regions so some folks will have to resort to :filez:. Unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's nice to see an episode that focuses on someone besides Maria. drat good ending to this week's ep.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I can't wait to see where they're going with Galfa. Dude's the most compelling character in the show right now and he's gonna have some tough choices up ahead which should be a great watch; dude is hella impulsive.

• Locked thread