Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Compared to what I've read of the manga, with not all of it having been translated yet, the anime adaptation seems to be focusing much more on building up the world around Maria, as well as the church and various divine forces. It seems like it's setting up some sort plot beyond what was in the manga, so I'm really quite interested to see what will happen. Makes the whole "Maria stops various battles and gets on everyone's nerves in the process" bit a bit less repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Rodyle posted:

I think my problem with this show is the setting at large and the secondary cast are so serious and relatively grounded, but then our core cast are a bunch of anime as gently caress children who constantly talk about dicks.

Are you implying that everyone else isn't talking about god and dicks all the time?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh god I've forgotten to keep up with this. Is it still as good as it started out as. Has it gotten even better?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Or the gundam show.

It's a pretty good season.

I've fallen behind on this and Yatterman and I really shouldnt have because those two were fantastic.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm only now getting caught up and Martha, no.
Episode 08 is really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm not sure that I love where they took it in the last episode but I can't think of anything I'd have preferred, besides a shot of little Ezekiel. A good show, maybe went a bit too heavy at times but still really really good.

Really excited for the Manga to see what they did differently, since from what was available it seems they deviated quite a bit.

• Locked thread