Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Mordja posted:

I love how much this show gets right. Like, I looked it up and Saint Barbara is considered the patron saint of artillerymen and sappers.
I've been selling people on this show by pointing out how much weird poo poo this show gets right that I wouldn't expect out of Westerners, let alone the Japanese. My favorite is still Galfa eschewing the dull-as-poo poo blade during the duel and just wailing on the other guy with the pommel.

[Edit: And it sure takes some selling, because man was that first episode rough. Especially when the question "was the owl out blowing dudes?" comes up.]

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Kind of wondering where the show is going with the Valkyries, as well. Seems like a few too many factions have been introduced to wrap all of this up neatly.

Sharkopath posted:

I wouldn't recommend the animated program "Maria The Virgin Witch", about a witch who uses her Succubus Familiar to gently caress people too tired to fight and will lose her magical powers if she has sex herself, to anybody who is incredibly bothered by the idea of oral sex, or sex at all.
Yes. Clearly the issue is all-encompassing prudishness. It has nothing to do with presentation at all. There is nothing strange about an anime suddenly going from "mysterious witch" to "an owl flies in the window, then turns into a lady in bondage gear talking about how her jaw is tired from all the blowjobs she was giving". Nothing about that scene might set off a "yo this show might be creepy dawg" alarm in the heads of people familiar with anime that takes some effort to work around. It's just Puritanism, full-stop.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

That was charming and fitting, but how the hell do you gently caress up the "future daughter" thing so badly? If you introduce that idea, then the final shot is a family portrait. Period. That's it, that's how it plays out in every piece of media that has ever used that conceit.

• Locked thread