Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Welcome! To the Imp Zone Social Anxiety Support Group megathread!
Post your gamer social anxiety feels, anecdotes, and tips for overcoming social anxiety here! This thread is a safe space
I'll start:
That feel when the PS4 with GTA V on it is in the living room but you only leave your room when all your housemates are gone so you can't do any real gaming with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
That feel when you jam the pizza box in your backpack so no one will notice you carrying home a pizza on the bus.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Placeholder

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Requesting sticky

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
That feel when you take out your 3DS on the subway and people look at you and call you human being with their eyes.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wootman posted:

That feel when you take out your 3DS on the subway and people look at you and call you human being with their eyes.

the 3DS isn't gay

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

that feel when you tell your parents you're playing a game called 'Bravely Default' and they just look at you and stare

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Sir AIDS posted:

the 3DS isn't gay

I know its not, but other people on the train.. think it is. :(

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

that feel when you tell your parents you're playing a game called 'Bravely Default' and they just look at you and stare

Dexters Secret: Bravely Default. YEah, ok It's acually really chill despite the name. It's about an army of loli's, and you--

his parents: uh huh (thinking to themselves: why is this human being still talking? i wish it was legal to kill it with a shotgun... )

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Disclaimer: The above post was satirizing trolls and bullies and was not an insult towards Dexters Secret. Thread remains a Safe Space

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I try to leave the house as little as possible.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Because I am highly introverted and other human beings are vampires on my sanity.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Sir AIDS posted:

Disclaimer: The above post was satirizing trolls and bullies and was not an insult towards Dexters Secret. Thread remains a Safe Space

thank you

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Because I am highly introverted and other human beings are vampires on my sanity.

This.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I don't do voice chat because I don't want someone to hear my voice and flame me for it

Soral
May 30, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

I don't do voice chat because I don't want someone to hear my voice and flame me for it

when lobby hosts kick you from there games because you dont use your mic....... if only they knew my pain and would give me a chance

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
everything is terrifying except things that are terrifying. those are really terrifying.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Does anyone know how I can anonymously set up a PayPal/online donation thing? I want to set up a fund that people can donate to so I can buy Subway more often

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

My nakama in Inaba helped me overcome my Social Anxiety. Best of luck to any Imps suffering from it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't suffer from it i enjoy every minute of it. technology allows us to live remotely; every household necessity is delivered to my door and the driver knows not to stick around for when i open it for the brief moment necessary to haul my goods one. i shudder to think how people before this information age of ours managed to survive. i stand at the apex of human development. i order toilet paper via amazon.com

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't suffer from it i enjoy every minute of it. technology allows us to live remotely; every household necessity is delivered to my door and the driver knows not to stick around for when i open it for the brief moment necessary to haul my goods one. i shudder to think how people before this information age of ours managed to survive. i stand at the apex of human development. i order toilet paper via amazon.com

Making lemonade from the hosed up lemons this cruel life deals us is the sign of a true gamer. Fight on.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i shat my pants playing ddr today at a con and spent the rest of the day anxious on if people could know if i crapped my rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

Hmm. Yeah. Okay. Interesting. Next caller.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i spent much of my life struggling with social anxiety. i still have moments but life is much better than it was before

i believe in you, imps

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you for real have bad anxiety, get Crypt of the Necrodancer or Nuclear Throne because they own for anxiety

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I hate playing competitive games/modes because it fires up my anxiety and reminds me of all the jobs I lost because of it. Single player 4 lyfe.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Sir AIDS posted:

Welcome! To the Imp Zone Social Anxiety Support Group megathread!
Post your gamer social anxiety feels, anecdotes, and tips for overcoming social anxiety here! This thread is a safe space
I'll start:
That feel when the PS4 with GTA V on it is in the living room but you only leave your room when all your housemates are gone so you can't do any real gaming with it.

i want a ps4

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
when you're bad at a game and someone notices

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
quote this if you are a millennial with Anxiety

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I try to leave the house as little as possible.

Fargield posted:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

When your friends add you on Steam and you have to start appearing Offline when you play HuniePOP all night long.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fargield posted:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Fargield posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sir AIDS posted: