Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I went to the Berlinale a few years ago in support for a film in competition there. Never before or since had I had all-access passes at a film festival, but we made the most of this one. I had so much Berliner Pilsner (the only beer they served at the parties) that I never want to see it again.

Berlin is awesome, the festival is a lot of fun. Also go try some Turkish street food in Kreuzberg while you're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

true.spoon posted:

That sounds awesome! Though I have to say that I can't help feeling contempt every time I see the accredited guys leisurely stroll in and take the best seats 5 minutes before the movie starts :argh:. Not that I would be different given the chance ;).

Anyway the programme is up, can't wait to check it out after work!

Btw, what movie were you involved in if I may ask?

I was more of a "friend of the production" actually, but it was this one. Berlin loved it, but it didn't make too much headway otherwise, aside from a popular Youtuber endorsing it. But the young cast and crew got treated like rock stars for a few days. It was surreal.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

true.spoon posted:

A bit late due to traveling but other notable movies for me were:
The Spiderwebhouse: As expected there are some parallels to Nobody Knows but it is much more mystical and the point it seems to make is completely different. I wish I would have had the time to ask questions afterwards because some of the plot choices are really weird and I would've loved to hear an explanation. I'd like to watch it again.

Over the Years: I have a soft spot for long time documentaries and this is one of the best. It follows some people who get unemployed over 10 years but it is far from depressing just very authentic and in that quite charming. Doesn't feel its length at all.

Was I really the only one who watched anything at the Berlinale this year?

If I could have gone again, I definitely would have. I miss it.

• Locked thread