Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Mystakaphoros 130 points : 11 replies : 6 hours ago reply
Kinda like I rarely play Civ above Warlord, because... well... it's a passtime for me, rather than a challenge.

cowboyshooter 2 points : an hour ago reply
I shall second your comment with an upvote!

HoldMyBeerIGotThis 36 points : 3 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Psh, I play on chieftain. That's right almost autoplay difficulty. I just like pretending I'm ruling a society that's god-tier.

icer190 23 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Build Nukes "PUNY HUMANS WITH YOUR GALLEONS. FEAR THE WRATH OF YOUR GOD."

iGetOffOnMathematics 5 points : an hour ago reply
I love getting to the Apollo program in the mid-1800's.

Mystakaphoros 2 points : an hour ago reply
Yeah, chieftain is my default, and has been since... well, Civ 1. Exploring a new environment is really the exciting part for me.

AhTheMasamuneIBetYoureJustDyingToUseIt 24 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Civ doesnt have difficulties anyway, on higher levels the AI plain cheats.

kanibal101 3 points : an hour ago reply
It's too complexe for AI to conpete against a good player, where's the cheat come in... plain and simple

historysember 10 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
It's almost not fun if I play above warlord. Civilzatione attacking me with entire armies when I have like 3 archers after 20 turns

Doopapotamus 3 points : 42 minutes ago reply
Try the Really Advanced Setup mod. You can give your civ more starting buffs to make up the difference in handicap for fairness.

theh8ed 5 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
I play on King but reset the game until I get a favorable starting position, usually North America. Then it's auto-pilot to diplomacy.

Bent0916 3 points : an hour ago reply
Building empires is fun in itself. No need to bring in terrible AI that likes to backstab you.

Kaliff 3 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
I've done this since Civ 2. Tried prince once... never again!

Mystakaphoros 1 point : an hour ago reply
I think I may have won Prince once or twice. King? Not a chance.

CheeseKaiser 4 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
Civ's difficulties are poor design so I dont blame you. They dont get better higher, they cheat. Its like playing a kid with a gameshark

kanibal101 2 points : an hour ago reply
When I start a game, I have to restart a couple of time to get the perfect place. For science victory you need 1 mountain, 3 mines and food!

ybtlamw 2 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
I hate to admit it but I almost never play above Settler in Civ4. I usually wait a long time before deciding to go to war with anyone 1/?

and by that point, enemy civs have enough cities and big enough armies that I'm not just running them over. About every 50 turns or so 2/?

I'll give the civs with the lowest scores all the techs I've got that they don't so they can catch up and I rotate doing that so no 3/?

ybtlamw 2 points : an hour ago reply
one gets left out. Sounds kinda dumb but it's how I've always played. 4/4

CheeseKaiser is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wootman posted:

That is why Civ is best online or LAN.

Yea I agree.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Alright I'll come clean. I never beat Civ V on Deity. I only beat it on the next lowest difficulty.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

When I played the tutorial for CIV IV I got bored and was confused by the horrible interface (towns names have low res pictures of yellow circles and bread slices next to them. Seriously. Absolutely retarded) so I quit

• Locked thread