Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When will Imga and Sload finally be playable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smokebite
May 18, 2017
The day Imga and Sload will be playable will also be the day when the ESO devs add playable Lilmothiit like they should have.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

When will Imga and Sload finally be playable?

At this rate, we'll be lucky if ES6 has more than one type of human and more than one type of elf

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Half the Oblivian NPCs and more than half of the player creations could probably pass for sloads

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Asterite34 posted:

At this rate, we'll be lucky if ES6 has more than one type of human and more than one type of elf

We looked at the numbers and it seems the vast majority of people who played Skyrim played as Stealth archers, so ES6 is now a stealth archery game. But don't worry we know players love player choice so we made sure there is more types of bows and arrows than ever before! And for those players who loved playing magic classes we have included magic arrows which are like regular arrows but do 10% more damage!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's wildly unrealistic based on Skyrim! Magic arrows should deal 10% LESS damage, and cost magicka.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

Flowing Thot posted:

If you are going to play Oblivion on Steam Deck as well get Northern UI to be able to have proper controller support on PC.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Oblivion on Steam Deck does not have native controller support; there's a OBSE mod called NorthernUI that pretty much adds full controller support (though on the deck I had issues getting the d-pad hotkeys to work), which doesn't really play nice with Darnified UI. Though NorthernUI's default version is a new more Skyrim-like UI, it does have the native interface in its optional files.

Thanks folks, you saved me from a headache

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smokebite posted:

The day Imga and Sload will be playable will also be the day when the ESO devs add playable Lilmothiit like they should have.

Also the toad guys and other various weirdos in Black Marsh. Where are the toad guys Bethesda

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

At long last: Dagoth Ur is vanquished for good and his monstrous Akulakhan crumbled to ruins. Morrowind is the game that took me 20 years to finish.

Wondering if Tribunal is worth sticking around for. Sooner or later I'll be the man of Patrick Stewart's dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsXyzjCYPg

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The expansions are both...interesting, though not necessarily great. Fixing their busted scaling with mods is basically mandatory.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I fast traveled to Riften and Mavin Black Briar was going around killing all the guards. No idea why.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

All You Can Eat posted:

At long last: Dagoth Ur is vanquished for good and his monstrous Akulakhan crumbled to ruins. Morrowind is the game that took me 20 years to finish.

Wondering if Tribunal is worth sticking around for. Sooner or later I'll be the man of Patrick Stewart's dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsXyzjCYPg

If you're doing it for thebstory Tribunal is prob worth doing. Some pretty big things happen there

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flowing Thot posted:

I fast traveled to Riften and Mavin Black Briar was going around killing all the guards. No idea why.

Look who can blame mavin, I think we've all been there.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flowing Thot posted:

The perks of being an essential character

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I think she might have also killed Ingun while raging. Doing that to her own daughter is ice cold.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flowing Thot posted:

I think she might have also killed Ingun while raging. Doing that to her own daughter is ice cold.

Hey if the daughter sided with the guards what you gonna do :shrug:

AGAB!!!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why is there a road leading north from Whiterun? You head past the Western Watchtower and take the right fork before the fort, across the plains, over a small bridge and up to the awful Dustman's Cairn and... it just randomly stops? Who built it? Why was it built? Who maintains it? Who uses it? Why are there regular road travel encounters on it?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Funneling infrastructure money to a friend's company and a bunch of people who just thought the road would go somewhere.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sandepande posted:

Funneling infrastructure money to a friend's company and a bunch of people who just thought the road would go somewhere.

an apt metaphor for Bethesda, actually

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Poil posted:

Why is there a road leading north from Whiterun? You head past the Western Watchtower and take the right fork before the fort, across the plains, over a small bridge and up to the awful Dustman's Cairn and... it just randomly stops? Who built it? Why was it built? Who maintains it? Who uses it? Why are there regular road travel encounters on it?

Before the civil war there was more action by the Nords to upkeep the various tombs due to their family ancestors worship and all. There's a short quest featuring the sole Nord who actually bothers any more, and his family tomb is being desecrated by a Dunmer necromancer.

Presumably a mixture of the civil war stopping such upkeep and Alduin doing magic nonsense has caused the undead to rise which further causes folk to avoid the tombs.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's the road towards Unreleased DLC.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Looking at UESP's Skyrim road map, there's other roads coming down from Morthal that almost meet up with that one. Perhaps they did in the past and then got lost without maintenance.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

LashLightning posted:

Before the civil war there was more action by the Nords to upkeep the various tombs due to their family ancestors worship and all. There's a short quest featuring the sole Nord who actually bothers any more, and his family tomb is being desecrated by a Dunmer necromancer.

It's such a weakness of Bethesda's writing that they constantly want to 'subvert' their own world building when they know they don't have anything of substance to actually say with it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Recently started playing Skyrim on the deck and stumbled across one of the few unique dungeons in the game, that I probably visited way back in 2011 but can't remember. It was tucked away way high up in the mountains near Helgen down a road that otherwise leads nowhere. All the enemies were called 'Spellsword', there was a named boss, a named pet fox, and you can find a Dunmer necromancer trapped in spider web that you can free for a little mini quest. I think she's the only friendly necromancer in the game, and maybe the only source of lore regarding all the hostile necromancers? She also mentions her daughter being taken to Riften orphanage but then later moved, possibly the only reference to an elven child in the entire game as well. It was interesting and clearly created early on in the game's development because it follows almost none of the design rules that future dungeons do.

...And then just a ways down the road there was another dungeon that was a cave consisting of five wolves and a chest. bethesda.txt

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Recently started playing Skyrim on the deck and stumbled across one of the few unique dungeons in the game, that I probably visited way back in 2011 but can't remember. It was tucked away way high up in the mountains near Helgen down a road that otherwise leads nowhere. All the enemies were called 'Spellsword', there was a named boss, a named pet fox, and you can find a Dunmer necromancer trapped in spider web that you can free for a little mini quest. I think she's the only friendly necromancer in the game, and maybe the only source of lore regarding all the hostile necromancers? She also mentions her daughter being taken to Riften orphanage but then later moved, possibly the only reference to an elven child in the entire game as well. It was interesting and clearly created early on in the game's development because it follows almost none of the design rules that future dungeons do.

...And then just a ways down the road there was another dungeon that was a cave consisting of five wolves and a chest. bethesda.txt

Skyrim does have a handful of dungeons with NPCs and quests that can be pretty neat, but most of it is definitely too little, too late. There's another one with a Nord woman looking for ancestral records, and at the end she finds the scroll but can't read it. The quest ends there and you never see her again

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's such a weakness of Bethesda's writing that they constantly want to 'subvert' their own world building when they know they don't have anything of substance to actually say with it.

how is it a subversion of anything? Its a pretty straightforward depiction of a place wracked by civil war. Only because its magic instead of being tomb robbers its a necromancer.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Tankbuster posted:

how is it a subversion of anything? Its a pretty straightforward depiction of a place wracked by civil war. Only because its magic instead of being tomb robbers its a necromancer.

Dunmer are known for their ancestor worship and hostility to necromancy. The quest is about a Nord doing ancestor worship and a Dunmer necromancer.

To me it basically cheapens a lot of the Morrowind world building about colonialist looting of ancestral tombs and a disregard for Dunmer religious and cultural practices.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

think your reading too much into the encounter

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dunmer also hate Nords so like. It works for me

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
There's an NPC in Morrowind that even remarks that one could argue the dead that guard the Dunmer ancestral tombs are conjured via necromancy. The ancestral worship that the Dunmer practice is so extreme that many other cultures consider it profane. Within the established lore that quest makes complete sense.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Dunmer are known for their ancestor worship and hostility to necromancy. The quest is about a Nord doing ancestor worship and a Dunmer necromancer.

To me it basically cheapens a lot of the Morrowind world building about colonialist looting of ancestral tombs and a disregard for Dunmer religious and cultural practices.

What? Those reanimated Nords aren't the Dunmer guy's ancestors, where's the conflict of interest?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Gonna complain to the DM that the Goa inquisition was hack fraud writing because the portuguese were christian and the people they were doing the inquisition to were also christian. Clearly they worship the same god so there cannot be any conflict between them.

Or all those european lordlings with family mausoleums going off to snort mummies from egypt in the 19th century.

Who wrote all this poo poo? Its full of logical fallacies!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ya the Temple hates necromancy because all souls are needed for the spiritual Somme that is the ghost gate.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ya the Temple hates necromancy because all souls are needed for the spiritual Somme that is the ghost gate.

Ah well this is a solved problem then, necormancy is good now.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I vaguely remember the Dunmer having a thing about how necromancy doesn't count when you do it on Outlanders and when you do it to protect your ancestral tombs it double doesn't count because that Bonewalker you made from uncle Bervyn would be honoured to be patrolling the family crypt for all eternity.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
"It's his tomb, he's supposed to be there!!!"

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Tried Tribunal but passed on it because city sewer levels with rats and goblins didn't feel like worthy post endgame content for the Nerevarine.

Oblivion? Out of the prison cell and straight into city sewer levels with rats and goblins. Classic fantasy game!!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I honestly think Tribunal was a dry run for Oblivion. So much of Oblivion's vibe is already there.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
It's been about twenty years, but as I recall the main quest of tribunal is actually impactful and has stakes. But you also never stop fighting goblins, lol.
C/D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

About half of it is fighting goblins in a sewer level lol