Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Just like a bright-eyed new prospect on CLG, we've been kicked out. This is the thread we'll be using from now on for all Fantasy LCS discussion, from trash-talking within your league, to forecasting player point totals only so they can lose to Dignitas at baron.

I'm not going to effort post this OP unless this thread somehow explodes. The initial drafts are already over and people have found teams and drafted a roster so I'm not expecting this thread to reach more than 5 pages. People are whiny babies.

I might update with sleeper picks every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Can you consider Giants! Sleepers in Week 2 considering most of them finished right at the top of Fantasy rankings for their roles?

I think most players from Coast, Giants!, and Copenhagen Wolves will be sleepers, they might not finish top 3 by the end but they're all strong players. Copenhagen less so, they just drag games out for a goddamn year and that's worth a lot of points on merit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TheChad posted:

I really want to start IWD again this week but if I ever was going to sub in Shook it'd be this week. Thoughts?
Keep Dominate, he ended up 2nd in overall fantasy points and this week they'll have Piglet too. Unless Xpecial has already began making Piglet they should do pretty well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I can't wait until Saturday to find out that Piglet and Impact were very over-hyped and worth nothing!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I told my friend to pick up Werlyb in a high stakes league he had and he sent me a screenshot saying "Top lane doing work" with Werly at 1 single point. Ooops

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's okay, because Impact is equally as bad as Werlyb so thanks karma, I guess. I can't believe I got rid of Lustboy on accident GG

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DasKitty, General Manager of Washed Up I believe I have mistakenly obtained two of your players:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Frustrated posted:

Fnatic is a perfect example of how riot's fantasy program needs a fleshed out waiver system that makes people wait till a certain point in the week before picking up new players. So many fantasy leagues have been ruined by someone picking up the entire fnatic roster right after their first game.
You hate us cuz you anus.

I didn't pick up their ADC, I went all-in on Piglet and I'm dearly paying for it. If you're worried about anyone from our league sweeping us all up it should be Adel who has Steelback AND Forgiven

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

I'm like 99% positive grabbing Steeel and Yellow won me the league weeks in advance. Them plus Forg1ven combining for an automatic 150 points a week is absurd. I don't even know how you could build a team to reliably outscore that poo poo.
No one's even coming close to the points you're pulling, it's not even a close race. You're the only player who can beat me, and you're drawing over 100 points higher than me. There's no consolation prize for second, it was the ultimate gamble :negative:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I lost last week because Froggen went from 50 points a week to 15 out of nowhere :eng99: I don't even know anymore.
You deserve it for liking players from Elements!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Well, there's a chance your opponent will forget to replace Wickd, so that should be good for a free win!

To Transient's question: I'd obviously love to see a writeup on either prize league. I figure as long as we have this empty-assed thread, we should use it for giant posts that would have no business in the main competitive League thread.
no way we should post them all in the main competitive thread because they're all massive babies who can't take the 3 competitive posts per week this thread gets without popping blood vessels from rage.

Trading would be a lot of fun in League of Mystery but it doesn't matter who trades with who because Transient is still gonna end up with 7 mystery skins pretty much no matter what. It'd be real interesting to re-draft at the end of the week and see what kind of teams everyone would end up with, though. Now that we know SK and FNatic are stomping EU there's no way one person would end up with more than 2 members of either team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The only thing I can rely on is that Gambit vs FNatic this week will be a blood bath and worth hella points so I have players from both teams.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for them to fix their poo poo so the Gambit scores update. Looks like we broke the game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Also, it kinda says something about my abysmal early roster that I have only 2 members of it still in my starting roster, and 1 of them is the jungler I'm looking to trade.
My Korean Hype Train was derailed quickly. I think I've dumped 5 of my original members (Impact, Piglet, Gamsu, and Lustboy on total accident)

Transient, if I win this week will you give me back Lustboy :negative:

I can't believe that I had Altec and Lustboy and dumped them both and I'm still tied for first.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 20, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jesus Christ gambit has put me over 100 points ahead of Transient. If KEITHMCBRIEF can out carry Bjerg's points this week I think I'll be the clear winner by some miracle

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

And that's the clincher. Barring a hypercarry performance from Bjergsen AND Dyrus (that somehow gives TSM zero objectives) and Keith also tanking, you win the big one. Well played, Choco. But this isn't over yet...!
We get to face one another one more time, right?

Jesus christ how did Edward manage to get the most points in Europe this week

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 20, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Everything went right for me this week, I think I've got this won. There's almost no chance in hell that Dyrus and Bjergson can pull a combined 97 points minimum to catch up to me. My Gambit (HAW HAW) paid off too with EdWard and P1noy both hard-carrying the poo poo out of me by being two of the highest scoring players all week.

It's a bit trashy that a surrender doesn't net players extra points though, they've missed a lot of points just from towers they could have pushed down.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

So if I go 10-0 in League of Mystery but I lose in points who gets the skins?? Should we split the skins between most points and most wins?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

Assuming you go 9-0, I think you get the skins. Obviously I'd be fine with a split, but I'm kinda biased on that front. :P
This week the battle for second place ensures that I have to worry about one less of you coming from behind. I'm rooting for Frustrated because his team looks more beatable by Copenhagen Wolves randomly scoring a billion points again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

You don't - I just have a google doc spreadsheet that I maintain day-by-day and week-by-week so I can better write my effortposts. Here's where we're at this week, with the caveat that totals might be off by 1 or 2 because I round to whole numbers.
Why weren't you in League of Mystery?? Almost everyone stopped caring about it by week 3 :(

Something I've been thinking is that if we ever do Mystery Skin leagues again they need to be :toxx: and a moderator needs to be notified just in case.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

Hey Choco, Keith isn't starting this week. You, uh, might want to put someone else in his place.
What the hell I swore that I had replaced him with Ryu and it didn't go through :negative:

No wonder my score was so butthole today I didn't have my roster in correctly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You can make trades now! There's still contention for the #1 slot in League of Mystery between Transiet, Kitty, and I. Anything could happen! I've barely been scraping by lately and I've only won a week-by-week because I just happened to have players with a better week than my opponent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The League's almost over and I've already had someone PM me about wanting to participate in the Summer league! I've been thinking about different ways to improve the experience of our High Stakes league and making it a bit more interactive and competitive, it's just more fun when people are trash-talking and trading picks and making shady deals in a back alley to sabotage someone else. Here's just a couple ideas I had:

*Making people :toxx: just so we can make sure that the high stakes leagues get paid off in a timely manner and we don't have people months from now still going unpaid.
*Taking the top players from both of our High Stakes leagues and combining them into one, really competitive and active league.
*Setting much harder dates for the draft so we don't end up waiting until the last second and having a CPU draft over half the league.
*Harder rules about ties and consolation prizes for other players (IE: players who got the most points overall -- Possibly a league where you buy two mystery gifts, one for each winner?)
*More trash talking!

Right now if you're in either of the High Stakes leagues, you should go ahead and add the forerunners in the league so you can get their mystery skins out soon, it takes 3 weeks or something silly before you can send one so you might as well add anyone in the running to win right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Frustrated posted:

While it was fun, I'm not playing fantasy league again till there is a real waiver system. Fnatic ruined both leagues I was in this season as one or two people just picked up their whole roster before anyone else had a chance and rode it to a championship. If the fnatic roster had been spread out, it'd have been a much more competitive season.
The ability to offer trades now will curb it. You've gotta be kind of quick on picking those members up, no one expected FNatic to be THAT good this season in the same way nobody expected Alliance to suck rear end. It was the same story last season with Kerp/Kev1n and the Milenium crew being the highest fantasy points in their respective roles.

Next split probably won't be as wild as this season was, lots of teams had entirely new rosters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Giodo! posted:

Right now, there are no limitations on free agent (unrostered player) acquisitions - you can add someone whenever and however often you want. This obviously benefits people who are extremely focused on the league and watching events unfold live. To give a bit more balance, other fantasy leagues typically lock free agent acquisitions for some period of time and then have a process for establishing who gets players. I'm familiar with two systems.

One assigns priority to teams based on their draft position. So the last team to draft would have first priority. If they want a free agent, they put in a claim. They get that person, and then they have last priority and everyone else moves up. If they don't put in a claim on a player and the second priority does, the second person gets it and moves down.

Alternatively, you can give everyone a budget of $100 fun bucks at the start of the league. To add a player, you put in a blind bid (you don't see what others are bidding). When the free agents unlock after the week's games, the highest bidder wins the player. Your $100 has to carry you through the entire season.

I prefer the bid system myself, as it's a fun bit of strategic thinking.
You can do that in your own league if you'd like but good luck getting more than 4 people together at one time and better luck getting anyone to remember the rules

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apollo has to get about 20 points while St Vicious needs to choke, hard for me to win this week. But since my opponent has Apollo's support too It's going to make it so close, Team ImPact need to stomp their game today and Adrian can't get many assists.

But TiP are against CLG today so I think I've lost my undefeated streak and tie with League of Transients :negative:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:negative: and I didn't even lose to you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Frustrated posted:

So did my victory against CLG.PU this week screw him over and give the win to League of Transients? Sorry buddy.
Yeah, we never established tiebreaker rules or anything so it defaults to the one who had the most FNC members :v:

I'll send my mystery gift today, and begrudge Copenhagen wolves and H2K for choking when it mattered most.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Enjoy the Battlecast Kog'Maw Adel DaJerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've been looking at Alpha Draft and as far as I can understand you draft a team once (No trading) with a set amount of fake dollars and you must make a team out of that money for your fantasy team, so everyone could have Huni on their team in a league but varying other players. They do the Challenger series and LCK too, so if that's something anyone would be interested in we can try that once.

There's a bunch of one-week long practice leagues too, I'm in a Challenger Series practice league and a LCK one-week practice league. If this is something a little more appealing to people to bet on than the goldrush to pick up the strongest players and dump all their underperforming players as soon as the week is over, we can try this for the Spring Invitational

I'd rather do a free league on that instead of diving head first into a paid league

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 7, 2015

• Locked thread