Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

So you still think it's necessary to vent the soffits even when their "airspace" or whatever is connected to the rest of the interior?

Soffit vents aren't for the sake of the soffit space; they're for ventilating the rest of the space under the roof. There's no functional need for venting in an uninsulated, unconditioned structure, although you may end up wanting to do something (venting or a radiant barrier) to control heat on hot, sunny days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Ferremit posted:

220v/50hz single phase in Australia, so our we get a lot more bang for buck out of our amps.

Tho the neighbours 3 phase means they get access to either 3x 220v/50hz @ 65A each or they can get a 400v/50hz supply which they need to drive their AC unit.

In the US, our main service is split phase 240v, so your 65A service has basically the same capacity as a 60A service in the US (which hasn't been standard since the '50s or so). Three phases of that would be on par with the 200A service that's common these days... so that is pretty crazy if you need more to run your AC. Also kind of weird that you add a 400v service instead of just upgrading to 100A.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
Oh I see, I misunderstood. So it's a delta wye with 220v phase to neutral and 400v phase to phase. I kind of assumed you'd jump to a 3 phase compressor motor from there, but I guess since most residential equipment is single phase you get better economies of scale if you stick to single phase but at a higher voltage.

• Locked thread