Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanmartin
Feb 2, 2005
WWBD?

kenny powerzzz posted:

God yes, man. I couldn't imagine tackling anything this big without a good belt. I use mine for almost any job big or small. I keep my bag with the hammer hoop on the right and have a few different bags I can swap out on my left side. My favorite is a three pocket stacked one and I keep my tape in the top one and all my nails/screws ect under that. My pencil goes in the right bag on top. This way I can pull my tape out with my left hand and my pencil with the right at the same time. Or if not at the same time it just makes sense that way. Same with nails and hammer. Or screws and my small cordless driver. I actually enjoy figuring out how to set my belt up to be the most efficient for the job at hand.

I took on a small home project recently where I had to constantly swap out drill bits. About an hour in I realized more than half my time was spent searching for the various bits and the chuck key, which I seem to put down and forget about immediately. I got in the car and went to go buy a tool belt. Huge timesaver when you're away from your various toolboxes and trays and not particularly organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanmartin
Feb 2, 2005
WWBD?

Antifreeze Head posted:

Use electric tape to secure the key to the drill's cord. If you have a cordless that doesn't have a keyless chuck, you should really just drop the cash to get with the modern times.

Thanks for the tip, I fashioned a rubber holder attached to the cord in the meantime that seems to do the trick. Regarding the cordless drill, I would have made the switch ages ago if it was within my means but decent cordless tools are horrendously expensive in my country (even secondhand). There are cheaper options but from personal experience they're next to useless aside from sinking screws into chipboard or drywall. Since most homes are brick around here there's only so much you can do with these.

• Locked thread