Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Heightism is REAL and it impacts all of us who are short. Whenever you encounter an example of heightism in games post it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im playing ff4 and these fuckos keep casting mini on my dudes and it pisses me off

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'd rather have them turn my dudes into a pig or toad than a short person

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

epitasis posted:

i'd rather have them turn my dudes into a pig or toad than a short person

:downsbravo: Not only is the post hurtful, it isn't funny. Can someone report this

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
im tall and handsoem but i hope one day the world is more accepting of short gamers

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Being minied is not bad for a mage, proving that even the short can succeed in a difficult job.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
wizards are usually short in video games so they learn to cast fly which shows that you can overcome being short and unable to reach tall things if you work hard and fight against your fate

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

SarutosZero posted:

im tall and handsoem but i hope one day the world is more accepting of short gamers

Post pics of yourself with proof of measurement in the next 24 hours or you will be banned. I have been given the OK for this challenge by Zoq-Fot-Pik on Steam. This is not a joke. This is real.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

i thought this was a safe space

i just wanted to help you reach your 3ds when your mom puts it on a tall shelf

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Being small is great because it means you have a smaller hitbox and can hide behind or under things better.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

in dragons dogma if you are short enough you can chase the goblins into their tunnels and fight them there

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

midgets should just kill themselves

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

In half life all doors are ridiculously huge and make the players seem short by comparison, also the strongest enemies are super tall walkers with really long legs WTF VALVE!?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

young link ftw

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

In New Super Mario Bros U, there are certain doors which Mini Mario is able to access, but which are denied to Normal and Super Mario. Heightism cuts both ways.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I also hate the tiny mage enemies that osmose the heck out of tellah and steal all his mana.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

get wrecked shorties

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

Post pics of yourself with proof of measurement in the next 24 hours or you will be banned. I have been given the OK for this challenge by Zoq-Fot-Pik on Steam. This is not a joke. This is real.

*Nods solemnly.*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

StoryTime posted:

In half life all doors are ridiculously huge and make the players seem short by comparison, also the strongest enemies are super tall walkers with really long legs WTF VALVE!?

In alpha protocol there are handprint decals on some mirror and window textures that are as big as the player character. Good bye.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

*Nods solemnly.*

i was trying to stick up for short gamers and this is how im repaid

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

In Little Samson, known in Japan as Seirei Densetsu Rikkuru (聖鈴伝説リックル) K.O. the Mouse has the least health of any character, but is very quick and a great jumper, and is small enough to traverse some narrow passages that are otherwise inaccessible. Just like Samson he has the ability to climb on the walls and ceiling. He is unique in that he attacks by placing bombs. This is an example of a short character having unique strengths. One could also argue that "Little" Samson himself also applies.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

can't romance dwarfs in dragon age

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC9rQeqtM1s&t=57s

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hah!!! MORPH ORB! YOU'RE NOW A loving CHICKEN OP!!! BAHAHAHA!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If anything tall people are the most persecuted in video games. If you've played goldeneye against oddjob you know this to be true.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Kazvall posted:

Hah!!! MORPH ORB! YOU'RE NOW A loving CHICKEN OP!!! BAHAHAHA!

morph ovum

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Also consider the ways the world treats mario and luigi respectively...who's the real victim here?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I didn't wanna get probated for being a potty mouth

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Aston posted:

If anything tall people are the most persecuted in video games. If you've played goldeneye against oddjob you know this to be true.

Yeah, seriously. The taller someone is, the more likely it is that you need to kill them at some point. If they're over three times the height of your character, it's pretty much a certainty.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SarutosZero posted:

i was trying to stick up for short gamers and this is how im repaid

Post pics of your retarded lanky body, fag.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
What height is considered short in the gaming world?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the face of gaming is a short italian man, which at first glance may seem to be supportive of short people in video games. but when you consider that all of the "power-ups" in the Super Mario series make him taller, i think the truth becomes clear

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just eat a mushroom dude

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Being short is cool because it's easier to suck other dudes dicks.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

sharrrk posted:

the face of gaming is a short italian man, which at first glance may seem to be supportive of short people in video games. but when you consider that all of the "power-ups" in the Super Mario series make him taller, i think the truth becomes clear

Indeed. Mario's message should be interpreted as "a tall man on drugs is better than a short man", which is incredibly problematic and also enables drug use.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
the problem isn't being too tall or too short. it's about not being perfect in your measurements. imp zoners, please help me end this impossible body standard and end tall/short shaming

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
im a short ally

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

If you are 5 8 you are literally Hitler

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wootman posted:

If you are 5 8 you are literally Hitler

I'm taller than all these beta faggots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU