Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Gawrz posted:

He is still within 250pp of top10, I reckon he is still relatively safe, but the calibur of top10 players is so high right now and not to mention that there is also Reimu outside of top 10, Spare just got unbanned. I give it 2-3 months and the top 10 will be WILDLY different,

I have no clue who this spare is, but given that I've seen one of his recent 99% fcs, the fact that he's been banned, and that gayzmcgee only had a lovely 93% acc on elise DT, I think that score was cheated.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
Yeah but remember when both Cookiezi and Reimu got unbanned they pulled out plays that nobody ever thought possible. Like Blue Zenith on HR by Cookiezi

Gawrz fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 25, 2016

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Gawrz posted:

Yeah but remember when both Cookiezi and Reimu got unbanned they pulled out plays that nobody ever thought possible. Like Blue Zenith on HR by Cookiezi

The fact that gayzmcgee now has a really lovely non-fc on this map which obviously plays to his strengths is telling to me though. Like the dude who can super-acc every fast stream can't even acc this map? I don't buy it.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
Well, I have never really heard of gazymcgee, but Spare is a drat good player back before he got banned it's not surprising to me that he has come back and climbed much faster than even Cookiezi did.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Gawrz posted:

Well, I have never really heard of gazymcgee, but Spare is a drat good player back before he got banned it's not surprising to me that he has come back and climbed much faster than even Cookiezi did.

Gayzmcgee is one of the best or THE best streamer in the game when it comes to streaming high bpm streams accurately. He's the one who HDHR acc fc'd the ghost of 3.13 grumd. He got 99% on end credits HDDT.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I don't know how it's possible for him to DT SS this 278 bpm od8+DT streamy map, but gayz did it. That's why I say that the spare play is ughhhh

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 27, 2016

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015

AdorableStar posted:

I don't know how it's possible for him to DT SS this 278 bpm od8+DT streamy map, but gayz did it. That's why I say that the spare play is ughhhh

Oh Gazy = HDHR. I see now. So the thing about Spare is he got banned same as cookiezi and reimu for cheating scores. He is bound to be good just look at how fast he has climbed since he got unbanned. He is god tier level.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Gawrz posted:

Oh Gazy = HDHR. I see now. So the thing about Spare is he got banned same as cookiezi and reimu for cheating scores. He is bound to be good just look at how fast he has climbed since he got unbanned. He is god tier level.

Oops, I forgot to have it on global and not selected mods.

The point isn't even that he's climbing fast - it's that that one score reeks of bullshit.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015

AdorableStar posted:

Oops, I forgot to have it on global and not selected mods.

The point isn't even that he's climbing fast - it's that that one score reeks of bullshit.

You know when you play a map a lot you kind of get a feel for where and when notes are coming? Like on Rafis' Best FriendS DT,HD,HR Play it almost seems like he is playing the map from memory? I think it kind of happened like that for Spare on that map, he just got so good at the map and busted a nut getting good accuracy high combo because he just knew it that well. I mean, you can question the score all you want but I HIGHLY doubt he cheated the score. ppy's cheat detection has gotten much better in the last few years and he would have been banned within the day if he used any of the current cheats that are on the market.

Edit: Rafis isn't even the only player I've noticed it for, think hvick's play on Miraizu HDDT, that play was beautiful and looked almost like he played from memory rather than reading it.

No matter what way you cut it, Spare is a top tier player with the likes of cookiezi, rafis and hvick, and when he was truly in his element WWW

Gawrz fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 28, 2016

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I'm actually of the opinion that top players are allowed to get away with much more just because they're the kinds of people that bring in more people to the game through exposure which is good for Peppy's pockets. :tinfoil:

It's the acc spook of the play that gets me as compared to someone who does have really good stream acc - even for a play that's memorised. Even Cookiezi only got a 95% fc of Mendes DT, and if he SS'd it I'd call foul play.

Also speaking of Mendes DT I fc'd it yesterday and then overstreamed the last stream causing me to fail. Then I played it 5 more times and did the SAME THING AGAIN except I didn't fail so I have 712/739x.

gently caress mendes DT.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
I'm of the opinion gently caress DT in general, it looks impressive to watch a good DT player, but it just feels like i'm flailing my arm around most of the time hoping to intersect a note while I tap.

I don't think top players get away with more, Cookiezi got banned when he was undoubtedly the best player in osu for cheating scores albeit him getting banned was on purpose so their were other things he did to get banned. I will erh on the side of caution with a lot of these scores, but I'm pretty certain spare did not cheat that score, he streams too often and people would start noticing that his play is inconsistent with some of his insane plays.

Congratz on the mendez DT almost fc, you suck.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Wasn't Cookie's cheat to get banned though very vocal and advertised? As opposed to you know, keeping it hush-hush.

Also, DT below 4.00* nomod as a rule of thumb isn't very interesting or exciting and you should avoid playing it as a means to get better. I say this because that's probably where your DT skill level would be and that those maps don't have any interesting or challenging patterns and just give you acc pp because of the increased OD. Mid level insanes + DT actually become something hard to play.

I say this as someone who transitioned from 5.3-5.9* nomods to 4.00* DT to 4.5-4.8* DT. What's cool to me now is that a few 6* nomods are fcable relatively easier to me now than when I stopped playing nomod.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 31, 2016

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Exciting news as OP of this thread has just fc'd a 7.09* map.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Osu mania is really good guys.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Anything higher then 4-key is too hard so I'd rather just play Stepmania.
Catch the beat is good though.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Demicol posted:

Anything higher then 4-key is too hard so I'd rather just play Stepmania.
Catch the beat is good though.

I really hate the Stepmania client so since I can get SM maps into osu mania I have 0 reason to ever actually play SM.

loving love rolls

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't know you can convert SM files into Osu, what program do you use? The one I found just gets me "beatmap could not be loaded successfully"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Some program called sm2om.exe

All it does is convert timing points and hit objects. You still have to manually create a map and then edit the .osu file with the conversion (Which is just a .txt)

THEN you have to edit all the header information.

It took me 30 minutes to convert 5 maps but I have the hang of it now.

• Locked thread