Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Why is the dad writing some carepost on Reddit or whatever instead of turning minecraft off and telling his fat son to go outside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Fojar38 posted:

is believing that its hosed up that your reaction to seeing your child cry is to want to punch them the realm of tumblr

because if it is i am sorry

yeah but's it's not a reaction to seeing a child cry, it's a reaction to a fat 13 year old boy that doesn't hesitate to cry at the drop of a hat. Imagine living with someone like that.

Sounds like he desperately needs some punchin' from his dad.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Fojar38 posted:

yeah punching people is an effective substitute for genuine emotional connection especially after inflicting a divorce on your son

it has been proven to produce such well adjusted individuals as the guy featured in the op, who typed a passive aggressive rant on an internet forum about how he wishes his son would get arrested more

I disagree. You don't try to have a "genuine emotional connection" with a teenage male child that uses tears to manipulate you. You tell them to stop being a pussy bitch and grow the gently caress up, preferably by shouting that into their crying face from about an inch away.

Dad definitely has some issues since he is more comfortable talking to reddit than his son, but he's on the right track he just needs to act on his feelings. I'd be willing to bet that mom is the person trying to have a "genuine emotional connection" with her special snowflake child, and look at how great that is turning out for him. He'll have headmates, a tumblr blog, and dyed blue hair any day now.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Tell me about your father

He's a talented, funny, intelligent guy that works his rear end off and doesn't take himself too seriously.

And if I ever cried in front of him about anything other than the death of a close family member he would have called me a pussy, because that is what I would have been. Dads should be expected to teach their sons how to be men, not to coddle them until they are useless and repulsive softbodies.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

afeelgoodpoop posted:

current psych community recommendations when raising a more shy/withdrawn child is actually to provide much more direction and discipline in their life, like what you say. however the reddit dad said his kid does everything that's asked of him, even if they come out of it only seeing the negatives. everything the father complains about is resentment of his sons lack of spirit and positive attitude. how exactly do you beat that into somebody?

When the kid starts crying over stupid poo poo to try and manipulate you, you aggressively tell him to shut the gently caress up and stop being such a baby. He's 13, not 5.

Or you let him do it and he will quickly become an insufferable and non-functional adult, and then you can feel good about what a great parent you are to your 30 year old perma-baby that is incapable of supporting himself emotionally or financially.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

its ok to make fun of City of Tampa cause he won't cry like a bitch over being called a lovely crybaby son whose worthless father is actually a popsicle stick with the word HOMO written on it

That popsicle stick welded ship hulls outdoors in Florida heat all day five days a week, and on weekends welded race car chassis and anything else he could get hired to do so that he could keep a roof over our heads; the idea of crying in front of him because of something petty is completely alien to me.

I have no idea what weird-rear end granola utopia most of you grew up in where your dad would crouch down and wipe your tears away from your 13 year old male face so that he could have an emotional connection with you over your frustration with your minecraft game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

afeelgoodpoop posted:

where does it say his kid cried to manipulate him? all it says is his son cried over stupid poo poo. i find it unlikely that a child that has the self discipline and parental submission to do poo poo he doesnt like is crying to be manipulative.

The kid is crying because it gets him what he wants; mostly to be left alone so that he can numb his mind with video games and food. That's manipulation.

whoflungpoop posted:

so when did u guys first kiss

When he was trying to have an emotional connection with me over my valid and not at all ridiculous tears at age 13.

• Locked thread