Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the insane persecution of the shy inborn temperament type never seems to end. thankfully we can share our voice comfortably on the internet against fucktard normie dads. hurr! my son is really good natured and empathetic yet overly emotional and not very thrill seeking! i say this like its possible to be both at once! im loving divorced and rush into bad decisions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

He's a talented, funny, intelligent guy that works his rear end off and doesn't take himself too seriously.

And if I ever cried in front of him about anything other than the death of a close family member he would have called me a pussy, because that is what I would have been. Dads should be expected to teach their sons how to be men, not to coddle them until they are useless and repulsive softbodies.

current psych community recommendations when raising a more shy/withdrawn child is actually to provide much more direction and discipline in their life, like what you say. however the reddit dad said his kid does everything that's asked of him, even if they come out of it only seeing the negatives. everything the father complains about is resentment of his sons lack of spirit and positive attitude. how exactly do you beat that into somebody?

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

When the kid starts crying over stupid poo poo to try and manipulate you, you aggressively tell him to shut the gently caress up and stop being such a baby. He's 13, not 5.

Or you let him do it and he will quickly become an insufferable and non-functional adult, and then you can feel good about what a great parent you are to your 30 year old perma-baby that is incapable of supporting himself emotionally or financially.

where does it say his kid cried to manipulate him? all it says is his son cried over stupid poo poo. i find it unlikely that a child that has the self discipline and parental submission to do poo poo he doesnt like is crying to be manipulative.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

reddit dad is worried his kid is turning into this

goons think he's a monster

wow... its almost like the dad who said his kid does anything he ask him could easily direct him to some type of exercising. maybe even in some incredibly passive way like putting the computer on a standing desk. but naw its probably better to hate a core part of their personality.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
sensitivity and negative feelings towards being sensory overloaded is a core component of being a sensitive ie withdrawn/shy person.the child in the op is unable to overlook anxiety/fear to enjoy carnie rides which is a very good tell of it. its important to remember that this is a core aspect of 1 out of 5 people born in this world with only psycho substances like lsd or ssris and high social rank can change. imagine if nearly every new high sensory experience is overwhelmed by the negative feelings of anxiety, and overcolor whatever it is your experiencing? it should be easy, especially for goons. this also shows why parental direction towards adult life is very important, since anxiety colors nearly every experience negatively, how could you possibly know what you want to dedicate your times for? well, aside from your ritual (videogames) that is.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

gigawhite posted:

i think i cried, went home and played everquest.

uhh your not allowed to be so overcome with fear of your feelings that you run to your safe space even as a young teen. now you better not cry as i beat the human being out of you!

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
you bet wrong and your shits all retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY

• Locked thread