Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Do you want to recreate Madden 2004 with a lightening quick Michael Vick throwing to a 97 rated Jeremy Shockey???

How about having a backfield comprised of Jim Brown and Walter Payton running behind a Anthony Munoz anchored line??

Then lets play Madden 15 on the PS4 with all Hall of Fame rosters in a fantasy draft!

I know there are already 3 other PS4 leagues currently running, but I figured there would be enough interest in a 4th league if we had Hall of Fame/legends players involved in a fantasy draft. So sign up and we will get the first portion of the draft scheduled for the week after the Super Bowl. Depending on how many players we get signed up, I will section the draft into 2 parts so we don't skimp on depth (it is pretty fun to pick up someone like Vincent Jackson in the 30th round due to the sheer number of awesome players).

So when you sign up, please list the following information:

Team
Most reliable evenings for the draft (I am going to shoot for sometime Tuesday-Thrusday evenings to draft next week, so let me know if one day works better then the others)
Any specific players you want in the league from certain years (like if you were a big fan of 2003 Alge Crumpler or 2008 Troy Polamalu). Most of the players will be in the league already, but I just want to be sure player's favorites are in there as well.
PSN Id

As for the rules, they will be like most of the other PS4 leagues running currently. All-pro difficulty, 6 minute quarters, no cheese play, etc.

Reserve your teams now and let me know your preferences!

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington Redskins-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Forbidden Wonder
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints -
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings - Dubious
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - The Piper
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Yuzenn
PSN:
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Gimme those Vikings.

QB Eagles 2 Randy Moss

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'll take the Jets

The Jets aren't exactly flush with Legends but Namath, Curtis Martin and Don Maynard would be nice

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'll keep it in the NFC with the Bucs. Creamsicles and cannons allllll day.

Emphasis on big hitters on d and alllllll the Bills.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I'll take the comedy option in the raiders.

Brett Favre to Randy Moss ROUND TWO????

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm probably just gonna completely sim the CPU games because 4 leagues but gently caress it I'll join. Haven't decided what team yet.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

man... I'm probably just gonna sim the CPU games because 4 leagues but gently caress it I'll join. Haven't decided what team yet.

At the speed in which we advance...we play like 1 game a week in each league if we are lucky. I play more MUT games than that in a night usually, rofl.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
I didn't even know this was an option with madden to use Hall of Fame/ Legends.. Is Sean Taylor in this mode?

I also work nights, so I wouldn't be able to draft. I may join however after the draft to a CPU drafted team.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

SAMB0 posted:

I didn't even know this was an option with madden to use Hall of Fame/ Legends.. Is Sean Taylor in this mode?

I also work nights, so I wouldn't be able to draft. I may join however after the draft to a CPU drafted team.

We will be using a custom downloadable roster that was created online. I will make sure Sean Taylor is one of the safeties for Washington.

Just updated the list! I guess we will shoot for next Tuesday for the first part of the draft, how does 7 Central work for everyone?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I will get this league created tonight and send out invites!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to build a team with as many felons and drug addicts as I possibly can. Bonus points if I can get some of the Love Boat players.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

This will be sweet. Are there going to be duplicate players or not? I think it'd be better without but I really don't care haha.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Sent out league invites for everyone but Sambo! Is everyone available to draft on Monday at 7 central? Does Tuesday work better?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I vote Tuesday because of my work schedule but will do Monday if that's what happens.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Are we doing coaches or owners?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I took bill walsh so idk!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
after a 5 season test sim....

don't ignore defense...

I just went 3-13 five loving seasons in a row.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

What's the name of the roster we're using?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Are we doing coaches or owners?

I meant to sign it up as owners, but I don't care. There is no salary cap or anything.

Let me look up the roster we are using, it is one of the more popular ones. I only added one player, Ron Mexico.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

The draft will be on Tuesday at 7 central (since paperback was the only one that wrote back)! It should go fast with so few owners. But yeah, like Dubious mentioned, there are some really powerful people on defense that can change a game.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Sounds good. What roster is it? I wanna scout.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Count me in, I wanna try a 3-4 defense finally.

I'll take the Giants.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

I'll take the comedy option in the raiders.
why'd you gotta do this

I'm still not sure who im picking, most likely Arizona or Baltimore because cool uniforms and the divisions work. Gonna scout out how the conferences look right before the deadline!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Lions please. When is the draft?

E: poo poo, can you move the draft back an hour for me. I'm a west coaster and unfortunately I have a very good job for being :350: all the time. I get off at 5 and then have a 40 minute commute home. Welcome to CA.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Yeah, we can push the draft back to 8 Central. I can't guarantee we will get the entire thing done tonight, but we can see how everyone is doing.

The info for people that want to join before I can send them an invite:

League Name: SASLegend Password: moss2moss

I might be wrong about the password, but I am pretty sure that is it.

I keep forgetting to post what rosters I am using. Just go to downloadable rosters on the menu, then it should be the first one that says "Legends" on it.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

Yeah, we can push the draft back to 8 Central. I can't guarantee we will get the entire thing done tonight, but we can see how everyone is doing.

The info for people that want to join before I can send them an invite:

League Name: SASLegend Password: moss2moss

I might be wrong about the password, but I am pretty sure that is it.

I keep forgetting to post what rosters I am using. Just go to downloadable rosters on the menu, then it should be the first one that says "Legends" on it.

Will the CPU give me a dogshit team if I only stay around for the first couple of rounds? I mean I really want Favre but honestly don't give a poo poo what I get as long as I can compete.....

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It'll be useable.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I can't do the the whole thing, I just want to do like 15 rounds or something to build a base and let the CPU do the rest. In my sim draft I did everybody good was gone by then.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

This roster reasonable or is it make every known player have 99 everything?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

If its the one i used its reasonable. Theres 99s yes but you arent building a 99 ovr team and thats for drat sure.

Unlike that mlb roster jabro used where your whole team was 99 all the way down to AA.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

davecrazy posted:

There are like 2-3 99s per team, then several legends listed in the 90s. A look at the top 15 rated Cowboys:

1. Larry Allen - 99
2. Bob Lily - 98
3. Roger Staubach - 98
4. Emmitt Smith - 98
5. Randy White - 97
6. Troy Aikman - 97
7. Tony Dorsett - 96
8. Michael Irvin - 96
9. Bob Hayes - 95
10. Demarcus Ware - 95
11. Dez Bryant - 94
12. Darren Woodson - 93
13. Herschel Walker - 93
14. Jason Witten - 93
15. Troy Smith - 92

It seems like every team has about this many people rated in the 90s. Loads of legends ranging from Red Grange to Kellen Winslow. If you guys have a more preferable roster, let me know.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
so, we're drafting in 30 minutes?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

The Piper posted:

so, we're drafting in 30 minutes?

Yes sir! Anyone else have a problem with making it here in a few?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I will get the drafted started at 8:10, want to give thompson a few minutes to see if he shows up.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

sounds good

can we start the draft week and pause it?

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 4, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Alright, I sent thompson an invite. Just let me know when you get online, we can pause the draft while you join. Lets get this thing going!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
loving life got in the way sorry guys. Had to work late. I'll be on here in a second. Did Barry get drafted by a cpu?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Can you get in to draft? You might not be able to participate due to joining late.

Everyone else want to keep on drafting?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

gently caress! I pressed sim rest of draft to skip the Jets pick. I am so sorry everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Once again, sorry for simming the draft. I couldn't stop it, tried quitting out and rejoining, but it kept going.

Trading with the computer is ON. So feel free to set up trades to make up for my gently caress up.

I simmed to the 1st week of the season (injuries were off in the preseason). I am turning them back on as of week 1.

Week 1:

Vikings (Dubious) vs Rams (CPU)
Raiders (mdubb354) vs Jets (nasty-niss)
Ravens (Paperback75) vs Bengals (CPU)
Buccaneers (TPotts87) vs Panthers (CPU)
Cowboys (Havoc904) vs 49ers (CPU)
Giants (dpcv8) vs Lions (brb_alcohol)

Sorry once again for the gently caress up.

• Locked thread