Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006
https://www.twitch.tv/brb_alcoho1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
You will have to tone down the fatigue slider. Just like the other leagues when you have no accelerated clock, at default your starters get gassed about 4 to 5 plays into a drive and with the defenses in this league its huge.

Vikes hold the Rams to a shutout but consistently cant do anything against their D with 3rd and 4th stringers on offense and win 13-0.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I actually didn't mind the fatigue or at least didn't notice. Just my 2 cents. Maybe it's just McCoy though. It's a sentiment that's been echoed so who am i. Smoke weed erryday. :2bong:

Lions beat the Giants 26-19

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I have one user game all season argh. Pretty sure my team will supersim it's way to the playoffs.

pretty badass core of Deion/Lott/Bo/Cunningham/Tim Brown/Urlacher/young C Wood.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Paperback Writer posted:

I have one user game all season argh. Pretty sure my team will supersim it's way to the playoffs.

pretty badass core of Deion/Lott/Bo/Cunningham/Tim Brown/Urlacher/young C Wood.

Yeah, I am glad we got our core groups in. My top players are Ron Mexico, Ladainian Tomlinson, Jim Brown, Cris Carter, Gronk, Larry Allen, John Hannah, JJ Watt, Suh and Sam Huff. It is really fun knocking the poo poo out of someone with Huff over the middle.

Is anyone interested in trading for Tomlinson? He is a really good speed/receiving back, but I realized that Jim Brown was an unstoppable monster about half way through my game last night. If not, he is rated as a solid WR at 88, so I might just make him my slot guy.

Thanks for streaming the game last night between Thompson and Dave. It was fun having that on the laptop while I played my CPU game.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Havoc904 posted:

Yeah, I am glad we got our core groups in. My top players are Ron Mexico, Ladainian Tomlinson, Jim Brown, Cris Carter, Gronk, Larry Allen, John Hannah, JJ Watt, Suh and Sam Huff. It is really fun knocking the poo poo out of someone with Huff over the middle.

Is anyone interested in trading for Tomlinson? He is a really good speed/receiving back, but I realized that Jim Brown was an unstoppable monster about half way through my game last night. If not, he is rated as a solid WR at 88, so I might just make him my slot guy.

Thanks for streaming the game last night between Thompson and Dave. It was fun having that on the laptop while I played my CPU game.

That draft was pretty fun, and I didn't get bit in the rear end by going mostly defense first. Ray Lewis/Kam Chancellor/Nnamdi Asomguha/Joe Schmidt/Reggie White/JPP/Tillman is some seriously athletic poo poo right there, bout to play man defense all day.

Couldn't pass up on Walter Peyton though early on, dude is nuts.....I got Joe Montana round 9 too. I didn't end up with Art Monk but I got a young Desmond Howard/Andre Johnson/Vernon Davis for some serious rear end catch in traffic shenanigans!

Piper, when do you wanna throw down, legend style?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Yuzenn posted:

Piper, when do you wanna throw down, legend style?

I could play tonight. Anytime from 6pm EST to 11pm EST

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I'm going to try to play Shadow tonight I think I'm holding up the Bizarro league, can you do tomorrow night?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

You're welcome man. Be honest, you got a ton of info on me. That was actually the first time i've run a 4-3 in this years madden. 3-4 is more of my poo poo. Everyone knows by this point that i'm pretty creative with my defensive sets thanks to :420:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Barry Sanders wants to be a Lion. thompson, let's make it happen.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

Barry Sanders wants to be a Lion. thompson, let's make it happen.

Ok, tell me what you want for him. I will trade just about anything.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Jim Thorpe is extremely my poo poo.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Just waiting on Jets vs Raiders and we can advance!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Oh no I killed Joe Montana

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

Oh no I killed Joe Montana

There was someone on the grassy gnoll there, he didn't get touched and dieded.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Well, it looks like Legend Linebackers can shut down Legend RBs because that was the case in Jets/Raiders. Ray Lewis bottled up Curtis Martin and Junior Seau bottled up Sweetness so the game came down to who could execute in the passing game. Unfortunately for Yuzenn, Joe Montana tore his abdominal in the first quarter which put Alex Smith at the helm and well... you know...

Russel Wilson to Randy Moss goes off for 160 and 2 TDs and DeSean Jackson adds another 140 yards. Yuzenn not only had to overcome Alex Smith's noodle arm but also suffered from a bunch of costly drops.

Good game as always

Jets 31 - Raiders 14

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

Well, it looks like Legend Linebackers can shut down Legend RBs because that was the case in Jets/Raiders. Ray Lewis bottled up Curtis Martin and Junior Seau bottled up Sweetness so the game came down to who could execute in the passing game. Unfortunately for Yuzenn, Joe Montana tore his abdominal in the first quarter which put Alex Smith at the helm and well... you know...

Russel Wilson to Randy Moss goes off for 160 and 2 TDs and DeSean Jackson adds another 140 yards. Yuzenn not only had to overcome Alex Smith's noodle arm but also suffered from a bunch of costly drops.

Good game as always

Jets 31 - Raiders 14

It was still fun even though there was a first quarter assassination. I tried to run man all game but RANNNNDYYYY was killing me so i tried to do zone and Wilson ate me up.

My offensive line has no confidence either, holes were closing up after being as big as could be when I handed the ball off. This is going to take some building....

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
This league owns p hard :)

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Woooooooo, advanced to week two!

Everyone is playing computer opponents for the week, so hopefully we can advance quickly again!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Below is a list of all the user vs user games for the rest of the season:

Week 2: No User games
Week 3: No User games
Week 4: Lions vs Jets
Week 5: No User games
Week 6: Ravens vs Buccaneers & Lions vs Vikings
Week 7: Giants vs Cowboys
Week 8: Vikings vs Buccaneers
Week 9: No User games
Week 10: No User games
Week 11: No User games
Week 12: Cowboys vs Giants
Week 13: No User games
Week 14: Jets vs Vikings & Lions vs Buccaneers
Week 15: Vikings vs Lions
Week 16: No User games
Week 17: No User games

We should be able to keep this thing moving pretty quickly with how active everyone is. Vikings and Lions definitely have the most user games.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

Below is a list of all the user vs user games for the rest of the season:

Week 2: No User games
Week 3: No User games
Week 4: Lions vs Jets
Week 5: No User games
Week 6: Ravens vs Buccaneers & Lions vs Vikings
Week 7: Giants vs Cowboys
Week 8: Vikings vs Buccaneers
Week 9: No User games
Week 10: No User games
Week 11: No User games
Week 12: Cowboys vs Giants
Week 13: No User games
Week 14: Jets vs Vikings & Lions vs Buccaneers
Week 15: Vikings vs Lions
Week 16: No User games
Week 17: No User games

We should be able to keep this thing moving pretty quickly with how active everyone is. Vikings and Lions definitely have the most user games.

Boo, only one user game all season...we need more folks!

(The Alex Smith Experience has begun!)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to get annhilated in all my user games because that sim draft really hosed me on getting defensive and offensive depth, and actual starters in some positions. I'm going to need to cannibalize my first draft CPU trading to even have a chance.

With how much I'll need to rely on the pass, I'm probably going to have to bench the 04 Vick experience and funsling with Arod.

And Thompson, any deal must include Shady, and a mid round pick. I have no depth behind Barry and absolutely need a good RB.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dubious posted:

I'm going to get annhilated in all my user games because that sim draft really hosed me on getting defensive and offensive depth, and actual starters in some positions. I'm going to need to cannibalize my first draft CPU trading to even have a chance.

With how much I'll need to rely on the pass, I'm probably going to have to bench the 04 Vick experience and funsling with Arod.

And Thompson, any deal must include Shady, and a mid round pick. I have no depth behind Barry and absolutely need a good RB.

That's fine. I have 0 attachment to shady. I want Barry just because he's my fav and i've never used him in a video game. I'll give you a 4th and Shady.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

I have an extra Tomlinson if you are looking for a quality runningback.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

That's fine. I have 0 attachment to shady. I want Barry just because he's my fav and i've never used him in a video game. I'll give you a 4th and Shady.

sounds good, send it over and ill accept when i get home later today.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

As soon as thompson and dubious get their games in, we can advance!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Dubious I put in the trade. I'll play my game as soon as you accept.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

As soon as thompson and dubious get their games in, we can advance!

i tried twice last night and quit both times because the cpu blew me out of the loving water twice. im not so sure i really enjoy thi, i have a weak defense and couldnt stop the cpu at all, and that is never something i struggle with.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Third times a charm i guess, finally got ints against that horrible patriots offense, and score a grudge td and a 2 pt with no time left, win 25-3.

Did you turn off trades already? I really need to try make a few moves for some LB help and im prepared to gut a draft to do it.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 7, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

yeah the CPU really screwed me on O line. Sure draft legend backup RBs and FBs but don't bother even drafting a center.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Barry runs for 233 and the Lions shut out the Panthers 29-0. To quote Chris Paul, "maybe this isn't for her" in reference to dubious. :cheeky:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

Barry runs for 233 and the Lions shut out the Panthers 29-0. To quote Chris Paul, "maybe this isn't for her" in reference to dubious. :cheeky:

I ran Shady for 150ish and Vick went for another 70 more, my run game shall not die

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I've had a couple rough CPU games too fwiw.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

Third times a charm i guess, finally got ints against that horrible patriots offense, and score a grudge td and a 2 pt with no time left, win 25-3.

Did you turn off trades already? I really need to try make a few moves for some LB help and im prepared to gut a draft to do it.

Good to hear it worked out! I am leaving trades on through out the season, so feel free to go wild.

ADVANCED TO WEEK THREE!

All Cpu games! Good luck everyone.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You guys obviously haven't grounded enough MUT solo games on all-madden since you can't handle the computer.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

You guys obviously haven't grounded enough MUT solo games on all-madden since you can't handle the computer.

I kept trying to get cute and voila, bad games. I went back to mut all madden mode and won 25-3

Its amazing how ridiculously vulnerable the cpu is to the run and cover 3.

Edit: Got my game in against the Saints...after 3 tries. Injuries and fumbles galore needing 3 restarts to even have running backs to grind down the cpu and they still take me down to needing a last second td pass to win.

2nd game i had a 28-7 blowout going into the 4th and then shady fumbles for a saints TD, then Deangelo fumbles for a TD, they recover an onsides and immediately throw a TD, and recover another onsides and i just quit. The CPU has serious cheat mode with these rosters.

It's going to be a long season, with 9 more cpu games just to get 4 user games in.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 8, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Down to Paperback and then we can advance!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Down to Paperback and then we can advance!
If anyone wants to advance before the next 3 hours you can go ahead

finished. A simmed 55 yard TD from Cunningham2Bo in OT to beat Brett Favre's Browns.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 10, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Following in Dubious's footsteps for all the other leagues, we have advanced to week 4!

We actually have a user game this week! Jets vs Lions

Everyone else is CPU, so go for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Thompson, when do you wanna do this thang?

• Locked thread