Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm like an hour in, and i think i'm having fun, but i need outside confirmation. also it takes me forever to accomplish anything because i spend 90% of my time cloaked and prowling around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
You are Not Having Fun.

You're welcome.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Skip the first one. 2 and 3 are good, and cool. I like prophet's role.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kylra posted:

You are Not Having Fun.

You're welcome.

hmmm....how will I know when the fun starts?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

crysis1 is a very good game, but playing it on delta can be a huge slog because it's basically cloak-bush-cloak-bush

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

this. a thousand times this. people will tell you crysis is good, but the fact is that the open level design adds nothing to the game and the powers are more streamlined and fun to play with in the second and third games.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i thought crysis 1 was fun. i spent most of my time loving around w/ the ai and breaking buildings and poo poo though and once the aliens showed up the game get significantly less fun, which is why crysis 2 and 3 are bad

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah i dont want to actually fight that alien i just want to throw koreans through walls

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Mod the poo poo out of it and mess around with the physics

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

lmfao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Doctor Goat posted:

okay..

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Frog Act posted:

hmmm....how will I know when the fun starts?
Reply hazy, ask again

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

there should have been people to throw at enemies in 2 and 3.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

i thought crysis 1 was fun. i spent most of my time loving around w/ the ai and breaking buildings and poo poo though and once the aliens showed up the game get significantly less fun, which is why crysis 2 and 3 are bad

in 2 and 3 you get to chokeslam and also absorb aliens because for some reason they're humanoid and like getting in melee range

whatd i do

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the graphics are very impressive for 2007 but somehow i still get framerate lag on some of the cutscenes, which is like, come on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

goon relevant joke spotted

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you want to enjoy Crysis then turn on the suit power keyboard shortcuts and pretend you're Superman, don't skulk around invisible.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

notZaar posted:

If you want to enjoy Crysis then turn on the suit power keyboard shortcuts and pretend you're Superman, don't skulk around invisible.

this kinda irritates me because enemies can take like 30 bullets before they die. i'm so used to playing insurgency and stuff that it drives me nuts when guys can absorb a ton of bullets

also lol:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's fun up until the korean boss fight whre it gets steadily worse, culminating in some of the worst shooting of all time. bye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frog Act posted:

this kinda irritates me because enemies can take like 30 bullets before they die. i'm so used to playing insurgency and stuff that it drives me nuts when guys can absorb a ton of bullets

also lol:

set the game to normal instead of hard or vetran or whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

liquid courage posted:

this. a thousand times this. people will tell you crysis is good, but the fact is that the open level design adds nothing to the game and the powers are more streamlined and fun to play with in the second and third games.

are you people retarded.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't believe the posters in lowtax's ycs mk 2 from neogbs are retarded. *mysterious loyall X clicks bookmarks to /v/ in one tab and neogaf in another tabe

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

set the game to normal instead of hard or vetran or whatever

i think i've already been playing on normal. at least one headshot kills them.

the first time i played this i remember getting stuck at some frustrating helicopter part

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i liked crysis 2 even though i went into it not expecting to

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
At the time it was neat; messing around with the suit powers was fun, the player has some liberty on how he wants to do things, and the graphics were impressive.

I'm not sure how it holds up though. I've also heard that Crysis Warhead is a lot better than Crysis 1, but I've never played it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tryin to make a 'mid life crysis' joke but I don't think there's one there and it wouldn't be that funny anyway.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't believe the posters in lowtax's ycs mk 2 from neogbs are retarded. *mysterious loyall X clicks bookmarks to /v/ in one tab and neogaf in another tabe

Ya everyone reccomending Crysis 2 or 3 over 1 is an insane retard.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Falsum posted:

At the time it was neat; messing around with the suit powers was fun, the player has some liberty on how he wants to do things, and the graphics were impressive.

I'm not sure how it holds up though. I've also heard that Crysis Warhead is a lot better than Crysis 1, but I've never played it.

i have that too, all the reviews are positive and supposedly it has slightly better graphics. if i like crysis 1 its def next on the list

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I haven't played any crysis games but your' prolly a brokebrained moron if you nneed to doublecheck with your internet support group to make sure your a cool guy who has fun playin games that you've already bouth but now need an opionion on.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

No Such Thing posted:

tryin to make a 'mid life crysis' joke but I don't think there's one there and it wouldn't be that funny anyway.
Well, you need a video card as expensive as a car to run the game at max settings, so I guess that works.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kylra posted:

Well, you need a video card as expensive as a car to run the game at max settings, so I guess that works.

it's a 7 year old game...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

I haven't played any crysis games but your' prolly a brokebrained moron if you nneed to doublecheck with your internet support group to make sure your a cool guy who has fun playin games that you've already bouth but now need an opionion on.

not knowing whether or not you are having fun is a very serious disorder and ill thank you not to make light of it

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wootman posted:

Ya everyone reccomending Crysis 2 or 3 over 1 is an insane retard.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
You'll want to skip the only Crysis with decent gameplay so you can quickly get into the fascinating lore of the character Prophet

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the first game didn't click with me. my opinions are often bad but w/e.

Sir AIDS posted:

You'll want to skip the only Crysis with decent gameplay so you can quickly get into the fascinating lore of the character Prophet

he's a weird suit parasite thing, i thought that was cool

what makes the gameplay in the other games worse

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just play hl2 again, instead.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I liked the first Crysis game all the way through (although the first half was better). Warhead was okay I guess. 2 and cool but different and I never played 3. My favorite was 1.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I stole the crysis bundle from best buy and instead of installing it, I threw the CDs at monkeys in the zoo lawnmower man style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Activate Speed Mode, sprint into North Koreans and send them flying.

• Locked thread