Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

crysis is built in with a resource system for having fun. you will have fun for about 3 seconds every minute or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

mysterious loyall X posted:

set the game to normal instead of hard or vetran or whatever

it sucks that the 'koreans speak in korean' feature is only enabled in the hardest difficulty

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

PleasingFungus posted:

it sucks that the 'koreans speak in korean' feature is only enabled in the hardest difficulty

There is probably a convar that let's you change that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

yeah i was wondering how to toggle that, it kinda breaks my immersion. hardest difficult is probably retardo bullet sponge poo poo though

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Frog Act posted:

yeah i was wondering how to toggle that, it kinda breaks my immersion. hardest difficult is probably retardo bullet sponge poo poo though

I remember it being okay but I had a lot more patience for dumb tedious bullshit back then

Wootman posted:

There is probably a convar that let's you change that

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/crysischeatscodes.html says it's "ai_UseAlternativeReadability".

also lol @ the pro tactical tipz at the bottom of that page

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
psycho was pretty cool in crysis 3

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the plot was dumb and i am dumb for it but i liked it, if only for the alien stuff, the suit, and psycho being cool.

the bow in 3 is siiiick, the alien weapon set in 3 is so good and people on the radio starting to think you're not a good idea to keep around when you interface with one was cool. except they worked kind of like halo plasma weapons on ammo which is disappointing

mixing suit modes was cool too

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato

Doctor Goat posted:

Skip the first one. 2 and 3 are good, and cool. I like prophet's role.

No way.
Crysis 1 is great with great graphics and gameplay (at least until the end)
Crysis 2 has linear gameplay and a nonsensical plot and cringeworthy voice acting, and it's embarrassing how poorly Crytek handled the Gamespy shutdown.
Crysis 3 is underrated and actually pretty good, albeit short.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I had fun throwing dumpsters at koreans. I think the environment mixed with the power suit is neat and it's cool that pretty much every house is destructible. Enjoy the game OP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

crysis 2 is fun though, and it's pretty. it just doesn't hold a candle to crysis 1 or the Warhead expansion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGTwbaYXkvA
crysis is what you make of it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

got past the part i got stuck at the first time. helicopters are incredibly irritating and it took me like 15 minutes of stealth hopping to find a rocket launcher, then there was still one left, and it's been shadowing me for like three mission goals and i can't get a clear bead on it. definitely diggin the plot, though i'm beginning to suspect it'll stop being as rad when it's just alien fighting and not killing north koreans and driving around trucks and poo poo

the ai seems to have a serious herd instinct though

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Those are some low graphics settings, my man.

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Those are some low graphics settings, my man.

Not that there's anything wrong with that

i have everything on 100% max settings, probably imgur compression. that being said even with AA at 8x i see some tearing, i wonder if it's a compatibility thing w/newer machines

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Frog Act posted:

i have everything on 100% max settings, probably imgur compression. that being said even with AA at 8x i see some tearing, i wonder if it's a compatibility thing w/newer machines

With Crysis you need to dig into the ini configuration files to enable poo poo like tessellation, anisotropic filtering , and other stuff you might want to bump up. There's a whole guide out there for it but gently caress it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this dude's still got it

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't believe the posters in lowtax's ycs mk 2 from neogbs are retarded. *mysterious loyall X clicks bookmarks to /v/ in one tab and neogaf in another tabe

Hey look, it's Tabe

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This thread reminds me how incredibly retarded and bad Crysis becomes once you find the aliens. It's mind boggling how they wasted such a great beginning.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

notZaar posted:

This thread reminds me how incredibly retarded and bad Crysis becomes once you find the aliens. It's mind boggling how they wasted such a great beginning.

sort of like Far Cry with the skinless apes or whatever? its the same team right

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
it was fun but the VTOL parts were prob the worst vehicle section i've ever played

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMP7njETZU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Frog Act posted:

sort of like Far Cry with the skinless apes or whatever? its the same team right

Yeah that's why they intentionally gently caress up the spelling of the word 'crisis'.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure Far Cry 80's Edition is better than all three Crysis games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
when is killing Koreans not fun?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think Im having fun but i need outside confirmation

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

No Such Thing posted:

it's a 7 year old game...
I take it you never read reviews for video cards.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kylra posted:

gee how dare we

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kylra posted:

You actually wrote this.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

You actually wrote this.
Personally, I like to have some idea of what I am buying when I am potentially paying more than a couple hundred dollars. It just makes good sense.

But anyway, they've always been on about "CAN IT RUN CRYSIS" since the first one was released. For years many of them said "no". There you go. Joke explained.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 29, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My Wii U can run all the games that are on the Wii U, but then, I am not very "YOSPOS."

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Welcome to the PC Gaming party.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

You actually wrote this.

That's a perfectly good and cool thing to write.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i played far cry 1 and one time all the mutants got stuck in t-poses before i knew what a t-pose was and it was creepy

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Pretty sure Far Cry 80's Edition is better than all three Crysis games.

This forum is retarded

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

notZaar posted:

That's a perfectly good and cool thing to write.
Wow, good and cool!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'll try playing Crysis 1 again when I finish my Atlus backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

too bad the multiplayer is dead i bet this game would have fun MP

• Locked thread