Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
they're in the humble bundle and i have no idea how any of them are

scrolls, solforge, star realms, bloodrealm, war of omens

also i heard magic 2015 blows. c/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
solforge is crap. scrolls is probably crap idk. m&m is good.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Infinity Wars is excellent. Everything else blows, especially the sorry as gently caress state magic has found themselves in.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I've heard the magic games are okay but they crash my computer whenever I try to run them and I haven't been able to fix this issue. Hearthstone is okay but that's free anyway. Don't know about the others.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
No.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I don't see Infinity Wars on your steam. Lies lies lies.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

kazvall i will try infinity wars and if it sucks i will.. uh, do horrible rpae to you or something lol :D

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

hearthstone is free and excellent, give it a try friend

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

kazvall i will try infinity wars and if it sucks i will.. uh, do horrible rpae to you or something lol :D

cool

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kazvall posted:

Infinity Wars is excellent. Everything else blows, especially the sorry as gently caress state magic has found themselves in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

infinity wars is a fun game but was programmed by complete incompetents

tons of random error messages for no reason, draft takes like thirty seconds to load your next card choice, even the act of regging an account is extremely hosed

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
hearthstone is ok, you can do fine with all the free cards.

the older magic games were ok too but 2015 is pretty not good so if you really want to play magic play an older one of those!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
The One I Play Is Excellent. All Of The Rest Suck Though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked Elements briefly, but it's old and has some issues so the metagame is pretty much stagnant.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like Magic as a card game but the videogame implementation is poo poo and they had like a decade to perfect it and reach hearthstone levels of success

I don't even like hearthstone that much but I like the UI surrounding it

If Magic literally just did what Hearthstone does in terms of occasionally earning free booster packs by playing every day and having a free draft mode I would've played it so much

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

hearthstone is free and excellent, give it a try friend

Hearthstone is indeed excellent and the only choice if you regularly want to get packs without paying.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Online poker OP.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i had a friend in grad school who used to make like $300/hour playing online poker

he'd have 4-8 games going all at once

he didn't stay in school

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I played a ton of Solforge and liked it a lot somehow. After getting back into playing Magic with a friend of mine I really don't know how I could stand a single second of that boring-rear end game.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Online poker OP.

Offline poker, if possible.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
The Might & Magic one was pretty fun with cool mechanics for resources and positioning. Also I kinda liked Spectromancer but that's not really a CCG since you just get a random "deck" every game.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Spectromancer is loving great

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
what's that card game mmo. hex? is it hex? i think it was called hex. i think it's in open beta. you should try it, op. i'll try it.

Dec 26, 2012

why would you put f2p games in a bundle

Dead Man's Ham
Dec 2, 2002
The pack is good if you like to play Dominion at work.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

why would you put f2p games in a bundle

it's booster packs and decks lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im going to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets and strangle myself with the strands of muscle and artery because this card game humble bundle is loving garbage

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

THE PENETRATOR posted:

what's that card game mmo. hex? is it hex? i think it was called hex. i think it's in open beta. you should try it, op. i'll try it.

yea Hex: Shards of Fate is fun and innovative / etc but none of the mmo parts are in the game yet it's all just "pvp" aka constructed / draft / etc so if you are looking for a 100% f2p game you should wait a couple months

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Hearthstone is indeed excellent and the only choice if you regularly want to get packs without paying.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DrManiac posted:

yeah, i've never spent a dime on it since you get new packs quickly enough. as far as f2p models go it's pretty lenient. hell, it's even more fair than physical card games tho that's not saying much

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

all of them are poo poo, especially hearthstone (gay poo poo for babies) and hex (knock knock whos there? its magic the gathering. its loving just magic the gathering wearing a costume), and are designed only to get your money. the ccg model is hopeless and its disgusting that people continue to buy into it whwther its in digital or physical form.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

even if hearthstone has a good ui and is slightly less exploitative than the average ccg, its still a dull as gently caress baby's first card game

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
dominion online is cool

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Scyther posted:

even if hearthstone has a good ui and is slightly less exploitative than the average ccg, its still a dull as gently caress baby's first card game

Mind if I roll weed?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

DrManiac posted:

Solforge gives you up to three packs a day and while I was playing I acquired the entire collection of cards without paying a cent.

But like Hearthstone, Solforge loving blows

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Scyther posted:

...hex (knock knock whos there? its magic the gathering. its loving just magic the gathering wearing a costume)...
if wotc were able to deliver mtgo but with a not-garbage interface / etc it would still be a different game but yea anyone familiar with mtg will have little trouble learning hex

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i play a lot of cards

hs has a nice ui and is relatively cheap (but not all that much anymore since theres 3 sets and 1 costs like $20 and has some pretty important cards), drafting arena is pretty easy to do for free

hex is like mtg 2.0 and theres not much to do besides throw a lot of money at drafting tournaments right now

infinity wars is nice but no one plays it or knows it exists

scrolls is being worked on by like 3 dudes so nothing ever happens in it

solforge is worked on by like 10 dudes and nothing ever happens in it, the ui is kinda painful imo, also the high rarity cards are basically mandatory and expensive, u get a lot of free drafting tho

anything not on here is too small or singleplayer focused or bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

koolkal posted:

i play a lot of cards

hs has a nice ui and is relatively cheap (but not all that much anymore since theres 3 sets and 1 costs like $20 and has some pretty important cards), drafting arena is pretty easy to do for free

hex is like mtg 2.0 and theres not much to do besides throw a lot of money at drafting tournaments right now

infinity wars is nice but no one plays it or knows it exists

scrolls is being worked on by like 3 dudes so nothing ever happens in it

solforge is worked on by like 10 dudes and nothing ever happens in it, the ui is kinda painful imo, also the high rarity cards are basically mandatory and expensive, u get a lot of free drafting tho

anything not on here is too small or singleplayer focused or bad

its all crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

But Rocks Hurt Head posted: