Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I read through most of this thread over the last couple days and started poking around that nothotbutspicy website. I'm halfway through the snoopy dog story and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth finishing. It's really weird so far and not overly spooky and the fact the main character is six keeps throwing me out of the story. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

samu3lk posted:

I read the whole thing and it's pretty unnerving in parts. I liked it a lot more the first time I read it, though.

I feel like the kid characters would have read as more realistic if they were more like 9-12, too. Five year olds don't act like that.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah what he said.

12 would make so much more sense with how often this kid has sex thoughts.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The forest rescue guy posted a new story and is apparently writing a book

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There's new woods search and rescue stories

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone listen to the nosleep podcast? I've been going through it at work and the quality is so incredibly hit or miss it's insane. I'm wondering if they save the good stories for the paid version.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it actually spooky? Most of the stories on nosleep aren't in the slightest. And a disproportionate number seem to involve bad things happening to children because that's the spookiest thing ever apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wedemeyer posted:

Apparently their way of writing stories--short, bullet list type blurbs and the like--became so popular that it was banned from nosleep and now their stories get deleted on sight. Even if they good and not poo poo stories like 'scary sociopath child murders animals omg help'.

That doesn't surprise me. Subreddits have the worst goddamn rules.

• Locked thread