Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
This would have happened in the late sixties or earlier seventies in Kemper County, Mississippi.

A good friend of my father relates a story of an evening he spent in his grandmothers cabin. The cabin had been built decades earlier and expanded, and the back bedroom was one of those expansions. He was sitting on the bed the small room with his back against the wall, reading. Over his right shoulder was a window. He was alone except for his dog, a boxer named Sasha.

It was late, and quiet, and he said that he was a bit creeped out when he heard something brush up against the outside wall of the cabin behind him. But he was truly scared when he looked up to see Sasha staring out the window with "eyes as big as dinner plates."

He doesn't remember how long they sat there like that, but eventually Sasha laid down again. He never did look out the window until the next morning.

His grandmother talked for years and told stories about the "Kemper County Creature," and the Choctaw told old legends of a spirit that appeared as a large cat and would hunt travelers at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread