Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

... Um...... is this one supposed to be a scary story? Cuz it isn't very scary.

I got a Goosebumps / Are You Afraid of the Dark vibe from it. It's the sort of corny "scary story" a kid would tell at a slumber party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Len posted:

I read through most of this thread over the last couple days and started poking around that nothotbutspicy website. I'm halfway through the snoopy dog story and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth finishing. It's really weird so far and not overly spooky and the fact the main character is six keeps throwing me out of the story. Thoughts?

I read the whole thing and it's pretty unnerving in parts. I liked it a lot more the first time I read it, though.

I feel like the kid characters would have read as more realistic if they were more like 9-12, too. Five year olds don't act like that.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah what he said.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

While we're talking about audio and shows and things, I'm looking for more like the Kimberly Story.

http://youtu.be/prjUzSkaOjU

More stories being told by the person who experienced them. Sort of like a paranormal Risk or The Moth. There are tons of videos of people reading creepy pastas or submitted stories, but they're either crappy actors or read it like a robot. Is there anything like that out there?

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I just burned through them all and I think the success of the SAR stories is that he mixes in stories with no supernatural elements at all. It lends some level of credibility that like a third of the stories are just kinda sad animal attacks or tragic accidents.

I do kinda find it hokey when he starts on with the stuff like "Now I haven't seen the Goatman but this drinking buddy of mine told me..."

Overall they are a good read.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

I wish there were more quality audio recordings like thelittlefears youtube channel but I suppose you get what you can get.

Bigtime. Thelittlefears was fantastic. Creepy stories, well produced, in an even tone. Too many people that do this try to "act" or they haven't rehearsed at all and mispronounce words and sound like they're reading.

I don't have a link since I'm on my phone, but I'd also like to hear more like the Kimberly Story. It's not a great story, but the guy telling it is really convincing and has the gift of gab and makes it really engaging.

Is there anything out there like that?

• Locked thread