Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I work in security, and a lot of it involves being in large empty buildings by yourself at night. Most of the folks I work with have a story or two of weird stuff happening. Sometimes it's just the atmosphere of the buildings, and your imagination gets away from you. Other times, there's odd stuff that can't really be explained. I've heard bangs, slammed doors, pounding on the walls, and the sound of coughing in empty buildings. Was it ghosts? No idea, but I can't explain what it was. I've got very good night vision, so a lot of times I won't bother with my flashlight as I walk around inside many of the properties. However, a few of the sites just seem to have a 'vibe' to them, and I'll turn on every light that I can find. There's a few former employees who refused to go into certain buildings alone after having something weird happen.

Anyway, I wanted to share a quick story that happened to one of my co-workers. He was patrolling one of our properties one night, when he found a door slightly ajar. The door led down a stairwell into a basement boiler room. My buddy went down into the boiler room to check and see if anybody had gotten inside. He said it was very dark, and the lights didn't work, so all he had was his crappy flashlight that we get issued. As he started searching the boiler room, he heard a screaming noise start up that he described as "like a cat slowly getting skinned alive." I probably would have said gently caress it, and bolted, but he kept his head and did a thorough search. He said whenever he got close to where the screams were coming from, they would stop, and start again somewhere else in the darkness. Eventually he gave up and left, making sure to lock the door behind him. We found out later that the building had a bit of a ghoulish history. After Hurricane Hazel blew through Toronto, that building had been used as a temporary morgue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

"A cat slowly getting skinned alive" is what cats loving sounds like (cat dicks have SPINES aaagh) so that's an entirely possible explanation.

Yeah I would imagine that's what it probably was. He's not a guy to let things like weird noises bother him, but whenever he talks about wandering around that boiler room he gets that "Vietnam Vet 1000 yard stare" kind of thing going on. He was very happy when the building was sold and we no longer had to patrol it.

An odd thing happened to me a few years back during a break-in at one of the buildings. 3 guys had gotten in through an unlocked door and set off a bunch of motion alarms. Cops came and arrested them. Everything was settling down, and I was getting ready to turn the alarm panel back on again. Just as I was about to leave, I heard a voice come on over the building's internal PA system. It sounded like an angry man with a hand over his own mouth, mumbling nonsense. It went on for about 15 seconds, and then stopped. I freaked out because I figured "Oh poo poo, there's a 4th guy in here somewhere", so I dashed outside to grab the cops before they left. They came back in and we went through the whole building again. My dispatcher also went over the surveillance cameras. Nothing. The PA system was behind 3 locked doors, and there was no signs of any entry into that area. Really weirded me out, because I couldn't figure out what could have made that noise over the PA.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Does anybody remember a story about a guy confronting a white thing in his attic, and shooting it?
After he shot it, the thing exploded into white dust and the cops came because neighbours called about the shot.

• Locked thread