Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ASMR Yodeling
Nov 16, 2008

So tingly!

Venusian Weasel posted:

Despite sitting at the foot of a steep mountain of exposed rock that towers a couple hundred feet above it, the church somehow manages to be the more imposing structure. Despite the bone white paint and eggshell blue roof, the narrow, gothic-style stained glass windows manage to make it look dark and brooding. Despite the dense stand of trees and underbrush that lay behind the church, you worry more about getting lost in the gloomy sanctuary. It's a structure that seems to have not only transcended its builders, but the surrounding landscape.

Next time you're there you gotta get some pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASMR Yodeling
Nov 16, 2008

So tingly!

Captain Mog posted:

This is exactly it, thank you! I wonder if anyone's ever found out who made the site?

This popped up randomly while I was skimming through

http://www.netsummary.dk/incident/letter.html

Balder Olrik posted:

DISCLAIMER

The Incident is an Artwork

As you might have guessed "The Incident" is not at all what it pretends to be, it is all made up by me. I am scared - not of dark powers but of the "New-Age" we are entering.
Manipulation with words, pictures and humans has become so easy that we have to be extremely critical with everything we see or hear. And specially with those things we want to hear.
The greatest manipulator is one's own mind ...it will pick up the things we want to hear and forget or distort the rest.
I have in "The Incident" tried to take it so far out that it becomes an absurdity.
You will if you look carefully, find references to The Roswell Incident, Lords of the round table, Nazism, Communism, Cold War Intelligence, Spiritism (obvious), Christianity, The assassination of JFK, the New Word Order (a conspiracy theory), Lars von Trier's movie "Epidemic" (great film) and Yves Klein's photo "Yves Klein hurling himself into space" (famous photo-document that I've revealed as a montage),
and if you look even closer there are 2 pictures of me hidden somewhere in the pages..
For the technical interested I can tell that It took me 3 days to make the pictures with "Adobe Photoshop" and a bunch of old photos .. Depending on your temperament and belief you can look at "The Incident" as a modern kind of an Edgar Allan Poe story, an artwork, a manipulation, a satanic piece of humor, a hoax or simply a reminder to be critical with what you see, hear and believe. The choice is yours.

Best regards

BALDER OLRIK

Vote for a picture to print

Many people have asked for posters of the pictures from "the Incident".
I'm sorry but I'm not able to provide that service at this moment..
Before I spend too much time organize some kind of online sale. I would be nice to know if there is an interest in it..
So please make your vote here if you think is could interest you or not
and witch picture is the best to print ?

FAQ.
The first letter is false , the rest is true

Postscript
"The Incident" has been transformed into a radio-play and a role-game.

"The Incident " has been full page reviewed in several newspapers and magazines..,

and has been exhibited at Galleries in both New York and Copenhagen.

"The Incident" is now the most popular private home page in Denmark...

Daily, I receive approximately 10-20 letters concerning "The Incident".

• Locked thread