Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichole
Nov 5, 2009

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Pretty much everybody blocks that part out of their memory, it's really fun to bring it up when people are singing his praises and watch their reaction.

If anybody's going through looking for great old stuff, I remember the stories from tinysmokemonster being pretty good. I think they were about cleaning out an old building full of junk, and I vaguely remember her boss basically going insane in the place?

tinysmokemonster also had stories about her childhood home that were pretty good. Also, in a thread about just weird things, not necessarily paranormal, she wrote about a crazy apartment building she lived in. I remember really enjoying her stories.

I think one the big differences in big stories that work vs big stories that suck is that the ones that are good have an ending. I gave up on Ant's and the snoopy one since they seemed to never end. The original HM story was good because it ended. But then he couldn't let it go and just kept adding. While I never actually thought the stories were real, they just grew so outrageous that I couldn't even lose myself in the story any more.

Please, if anyone has a story don't be afraid to post. This seems to be a forgiving bunch if you don't go on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichole
Nov 5, 2009
I enjoyed it as well, thanks for sharing.

And thank you to everyone who posts the good stories from No Sleep. I hate trying to wade through all the creative writing exercises there to find the actually good stories. Search and Rescue was pretty decent. The only thing that kept getting me was whenever the stairs were mentioned I remember that stupid old thing that goons made up to try to spot each other in the real world. Something about if you thought someone might be a goon instead of just asking them like a normal person you asked them if they had stairs in their house.

• Locked thread