Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hi thread! I finally have something to contribute yay. Actually I have a few things to contribute since moving here.

Okay, my husband and I moved to WA, just North of Seattle, from Arizona a few months ago. Basically we moved up here to be with family and help my mom and grampa out with their house-- they bought the place after it had been abandoned for around four years. The previous owner died and left a poo poo ton of old lady stuff all over the house and in the attic (which I have cleaned maybe a third of so far) and they've had to deal with nicotine-covered walls, exploding pipes, shoddy electric from the 50's and all sorts of stuff. They're just too damned old to be climbing around trying to fix stuff when it breaks, and my husband and I have no problem doing it.

We're temporarily staying in this little 70's twenty-foot trailer until we get a bigger one. While the new trailer will go on the other side of the barn/garage in a little open area at the end of the property, the current one is between the garage and the back porch of the house. It's about two feet away from the garage, so there's not a lot of space for us to do much on that side except access the water/sewer/electric stuff for the trailer. There's also a ton of of rakes, pitchforks, shovels, 2x4s, and other old bullshit between the trailer and the wall. We're at the very rear of the property, with a bunch of garden stuff and power tools on tables between us and the parking for two of the family's four trucks. The property is just loving packed with tools, farm crap, all sorts of useless stuff we're trying to get rid of.

At night we leave the door to the trailer unlocked, and the back door to the house is unlocked so we can go in, shower, cook, whatever when we need to. The water pipes in it suck, and we had to patch through the garage electric just to have heat and lights-- until we get a new one, it's basically just a glorified, tiny bedroom with a pot to piss in.

Okay, anyway. First story:

The tiny-rear end trailer we're in has tarps over the top since it pretty much constantly rains here, and they flap and make a ton of noise, and the entire thing creaks and bangs when it's windy. We've also got a cat that lives with us so if we hear something strange we generally attribute it to her, or the weather, or the snake, or the possum that lives under the porch a few feet away. When you live in the equivalent of a creaky tent, noises just don't worry you like they used to.

So about two weeks ago, it's probably midnight or one, my husband and I were in bed and some squealing noise woke me up. It was kinda like branches on a window, except that we don't have any trees in our part of the yard. After maybe a minute, probably less, it stopped and I couldn't hear anything outside except the constant, gentle drizzle of rain.

Eventually I had to pee so I pulled myself up from the bed at the back of the trailer and went into the cramped bathroom. The windows in old trailer bathrooms are frosted, so you can't really see in, and there's usually enough light from the streetlights and from the reptile tank in the “kitchen” that I don't need to turn on a light.

As sat my rear end on the freezing plastic seat I realized that there was something outside the window. I squinted-- my vision gets blurry about five inches from my face and I don't put my glasses on to pee-- thinking that something had fallen against the window. It took me way too long to figure out that the things that were eye-level with me, and only about a foot away, were hands. Someone out there was pressing against the glass as if they were trying to push it open. That weird squeak of flesh on wet glass is what woke me up.

Through the frost I could see a round, pale thing that must have been a head, but there weren't any features. Even through the frosted glass I should have been able to see the eyes, a mouth, whatever was there. What the gently caress was a person doing in our yard, and how the hell could he fit between the trailer and the garage with all the crap back there?

After a minute of me frozen on the toilet, staring, the thing turned and slowly started moving toward the back of the trailer. The hands were dragged off the window and I could head them trailing over the metal wall.

As soon as I couldn't see it anymore, I leaped up and bolted to the front door. It's an old, broken, pain-in-the-rear end door and to get the lock mechanism to work you have to open it by an inch or so, then lock it and slam it shut. I quickly opened it, locked it, and pulled it shut as tightly as I could.

My husband rolled over but didn't wake up. Even though the rest of the trailer has thick light-blocking curtains, the though of that thing creeping around the bed (which has windows for walls on three sides) was terrifying. I got back into bed, curled up between man and cat, and got back to sleep a couple hours later. I didn't hear anything else on the glass; maybe the thing ran away when it heard me slam the door.

My husband has anxiety disorder. No way in gently caress am I telling him about the incident; other crap that has happened around the house has already bothered him enough. He can complain about a locked door in the morning all he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread