Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I remember reading this weird website online when I was in junior high (about 2002-2003ish) called "The Incident". The site was basically a blog detailing someone who claimed to have purchased a book with his surname on the cover (called "The Incident", about spiritualism in the 1890s) and when he opened it up he found all of these weird photographs inside. The pictures were impressive if faked/staged because they were so utterly freaky that they gave me nightmares for years. As the book's subject matter would suggest, the photographs were all scenes from a Victorian-era seance that'd apparently "gone wrong": as in they summoned up demons on accident and whatnot. The captions for the photographs said things like "they thought they could control the spirit world and they were wrong". I wish I could describe what the photographs actually were like and what was in them, but it's difficult to because I'm not actually sure.

Anyone remember this? I've tried googling several things about it and no luck. I think his surname was something like "Orlick" or "orluck" or some poo poo like that. Good horror fiction anyway if that's what it was. And no I'm actually not making this up. I promise it was real.

Captain Mog has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Feb 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

I remember exactly what you're talking about and the whole thing was so weird that it stuck in my mind for years even though I forgot most of the details. Fortunately after a lot of googling, I think I found the site! (or possibly a mirror site).

On another note, reading the Black Eyed Kids stuff of course led to things about Slender Man and it's hilarious listening to these researchers trying to explain Something Awful. :v:

This is exactly it, thank you! I wonder if anyone's ever found out who made the site?

• Locked thread