Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The whole bit with Alina was really weird and it didn't have to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's exactly why I liked it. I sat there with your same reaction for a few minutes until I spotted the twist, and then I re-read it and loved it:

The old people harvested his parts. The auction was to harvest parts, that's why it mostly consisted of dudes who looked like "they were picked up on the side of the road"

I wish the spire in the woods had saved the fact that the clock had actual corpses until a final reveal. That would've been a great punch.

Nobody missed the twist, the twist was just dumb and didn't make sense.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

I didn't see it coming, but looking back I can see how if I did the story wouldn't have been that good.

I alerted Lowtax to the fact that people on this forum sometimes like things that you don't. He's calling an emergency meeting.

Good.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

kazr posted:

Does anyone have the story about the guy and his friend going to a country in south east Asia I think and do a rite of passage/manhood and they start being followed by something that repeats the end of their sentences? They camp out in some trees and set up a trap to ambush it and it's this weird pig mimic thing. I'm pretty sure they were Marines or something similar doing relief work.

I have a text file saved somewhere with most of the old goon classics if anyone's interested, but haven't been able to track that one down.

Search for "Echoes." The rest of the stories on the same page are also drat good.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

:stare: If this was a horror movie it'd turn out that your grandfather was telling the nightmare version of the "so this happened to a friend of a friend and certainly not to me" story.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Blizzy_Cow posted:

You guys remember atound the time ole Slendy was made a goon also made up "the "rake". Well I was bored as hell on one of my days off and flipped over to Destination America and some show about a group of fellows who hunt cryptids "professionally". They were in like Nevada, New Mexico, or Arizona; some state full of desert. Well they heard reports of a strange creature harming animals, harassing people, etc and that it lived in some cave system that served as a tourist attraction. According to these guys the rake actually lives there and in fact some demon thing from India. Best part is one of them wanted to take a gun in the caves in case it attacked but since it wasn't allowed to it possibly causing a cave in he opted for fisticuffs and a pointy stick. I'll look up the episode and post it shortly if you guys are interested.

The rake-shasa

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's from India and is a very recent immigrant, tell me you wouldn't get pissed if people laughed at you for sounding like Apu

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

loving everything is tulpas man

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Human belief making things real has been done a ton of times, and not just in horror. I think it's pretty nifty as far as ideas go, personally.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

That's 50 Foot Ant, now posting as Nostalgia4coldwar, and no he hasn't. In fact he's been outed as a fraud. None of his stories here or anywhere else ever happened, he was never in the military, Humper-monkey was an alternate persona he made up and killed off, and every single thing he posted in these threads was a lie.

I liked the one where he posted about the maggots in the dying woman's vagina or something

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yeah it was pretty cool for a story about a haunted snoopy to suddenly be about a child sucking on a grown woman's tits or something, that was a doozy

Instant horror just add underage sex

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Tardcore posted:

Worked for Stephen King.

I'd managed to forget that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Duodecimal posted:

:thejoke:

I guess, at least? Major plot point was people forgetting what happened.

It was half :thejoke: and half being serious.

• Locked thread