Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They were all accounted for. That could still mean "We knew one was poking a sack round a corner on a stick", and wouldn't be a lie.

Speaking as someone who unabashedly loves crappy ghost hunting shows, I genuinely believe that the hosts are well meaning, but that some of the crew are probably encouraged to "help" the show along for the sake of getting decent footage. And then maybe 5% of what happens is genuinely inexplicable, but in the sense that it can't be recreated, not necessarily that it's paranormal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hey, wondering if you guys can help me out on finding some specific stories from SA lore. I remember years ago (probably around 2001-2003) a friend who was on SA sent me a compilation of ghost stories that had been posted in a creepy story thread, and I'm trying to figure out whether they can still be found. It's possible they're pre-archives, but might have been reposted since. Apologies if they're totally obvious to all of you, but I'm not even sure where to start looking for them. All I remember is that the original poster had "taco" in their username, and that the stories had something to do with ghosts and multiple mirrors in an old house where the OP had lived. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I want to say the user was TacoDemon, but that doesn't sound right.

• Locked thread