Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

So my friend Beau invited me to his parents house in Munfordville, KY which is about half an hour outside of Cave City and Mammoth Cave national park. We get there and find out his house is an old plantation.

Beau and his parents show us around and I keep getting this weird fearful feeling centered around this one door. I ask about it and, turns out, it's the cellar. Beau tells me this places original owner owned slaves and whenever they would misbehave, they would be chained up in this freezing, windowless cellar.

If that wasn't weird enough, it was also the site of a civil war battle with a handful of Union and Confederate soldiers dying on the property.

So anyways, Beaus parents leave him the keys and we get ready for bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, I heard this loud clack sound coming from upstairs, kinda like something heavy and metal landing on the wooden floor We were all sleeping in the living room on the main floor. It was loud enough to wake up my friends. About two minutes later, we hear it again. We were all still a little drunk and trying to be tough dudes so we charge upstairs but couldn't find anything out of place. The second we get back down to the main floor we hear it again. I was pretty scared at this point so I try to go back to sleep with a pillow over my head to muffled the sound.

The next morning Beau tells me he heard it two more times with nothing seemingly out of place. Whatever. We laugh it off as us being drunk and freaking each other out. So we go out to the porch and have a smoke. While outside we hear a loud BANG coming from inside. We go back in to see the cellar door hanging wide open with a dent in the drywall where the knob had hit.

That's when we decide to make a day out of hanging around all the tourist traps in Cave City. I haven't been back there since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread