Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I have lots of little stories from my mom, grandmother, and myself, some I've posted before and some are new because they just happened.

My ma swears that ghosts follow her because her birthday is on Halloween.
When we were staying at a friend of hers place she was up late one night washing dishes. All of the kids were asleep and there weren't any pets in the house at the time I think. If so it was an old, arthritic dog who was asleep upstairs with the owner and could only get downstairs by being carried there. My ma had her rings off while she was doing dishes and she says that one of them flew off the counter like someone flicked it then it spun around on the floor, (not rolling just that neat spinning quarter trick) for a bit before falling over and lying still.

At a place we lived at very briefly when I was young she told me how she had a friend over and they were hanging out around 11 or midnight and they can hear footsteps and people moving around. The friend says "your kids are up" and my ma says that we aren't. He goes to investigate and sure enough we were all asleep. He came back white as the ghosts he had just heard.

The house my ma currently lives in was the same one she grew up in, and I lived there for several years too. These ghosts are really playful, I never felt uneasy because of them until I "discovered" the place was haunted. That faded quickly when I realized there wasn't any real danger there and they were really just loving with everyone. I don't know why I feel like there's multiple ones there, but I do. Maybe because they've been there so long from the stories I've heard.
My gram says that she was cleaning or just putzing around the house when she heard this massive crash from the sub basement. She had huge stacks of glass bottles that she had just heard fall over and break. Swearing she goes to check it out and discovers that those bottles hadn't moved an inch.

My ma and her friend have both seen stuff happen in her room while they were just sitting there. They were sitting watching tv and the ceiling fan above them just turns on high and starts going.
My ma says she's seen a hand reaching out to turn off the alarm clock (ghosts want to sleep in too I guess)
The stereo in the frontroom will randomly get cranked up all the way (ghosts like to rock out)

I was laying in bed struggling to sleep one night laying on my back with my legs a little bit apart. My eyes are open and I suddenly feel the weight of what feels like someone kneeling on the bed with me, with one of their knees by each of my legs. That was my first interaction with the ghost(s) and it scared the poo poo out of me. I was like 12 I think. I shared that story with my gram who has had similar experiences with someone sitting on the bed with her, comforting her.

One night I had a random bout of energy and decided to help my ma out and do dishes while everyone was asleep. No one was awake, no windows were open, it wasn't drafty in the house, everything was pretty still except me washing away. There's a door that leads to the sub basement that started moving. I could hear it creak as it would move. It would open a little, then shut some, shut some more, open more, shut some, open, open, shut. There was no rhyme or reason to how it was moving and it only moved a couple of inches or less at a time, but enough that the door creaked. I just froze and went to bed without looking at that loving door.

One day while I was in the shower the light kept flickering. By this time I was used to them and realized they were just messing around so I said out loud "knock it off". The light flickered once more and then stopped. Smartasses...

My dad's house is haunted as well but I don't like that ghost at all. I don't think she likes me, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one there who is aware of her.
I've heard my closet doors moving and adjusting when the house is completely still.

One night, I'm asleep, just completely knocked out. At around 3am I'm jerked awake by my light turning on full blast suddenly. My light makes a "deee-DE" beeping noise whenever you push the button, which I would have heard if anyone had pushed the button to turn it on. Also, who the hell would do that just cause?

I was in the basement one day looking for something. We have a wood burning stove down there that always has scraps of wood, leaves, newspapers, and other kindling next to it for year round use. I'm a bit of a ways down from it next to a leather recliner that was down there and I hear a plop of something jumping on/sitting in the recliner, and I think "oh one of the cats is down here with me. It's probably mini on there, she always wants my att-" as I look at the recliner to pet what I'm expecting to be a cat. What I find is a chunk of wood. Ghost bitch threw a chunk of wood across the basement at me. I was the only one down there and no one could have gotten down there without me knowing because the stairs are so creaky.

I had a friend stay with us for a few days at my dads. We're sitting talking with my step mom about school/work/what the gently caress ever polite conversations and in the middle of it my friend just goes "um... is your guys house haunted?" I was taken aback by it cause I didn't know she even believed in that and my step mom started to say no and I cut her off being like "yeah it is." My friend was like "is there a window over on that wall there?" referring to a wall across the room that makes like an entryway for the front door. From where she was sitting she couldn't see the side of it but it's just a flat wall, so I tell her no it's a flat wall. She said "Well I just saw what looked like the back of a dress being kicked up going into that wall. Like someone was walking and I thought maybe it was a curtain blowing from an open window."
To my knowledge that's the only "sighting" of the woman. The closest I've gotten was a shadow I saw in my brothers room one day when I was walking past. It was a human figure but it was low to the ground, like child height low to the ground, 3-4 feet? It wasn't a child though, it had adult proportions. I walked past again and didn't see it at all. That scared the poo poo out of me.

Just Sunday night I was there for the night because there was a huge snow storm and he lives closer to my work than my apt is so to cut down on my commute home and in the morning to be back at 6 am I decided to play it safe and stay there. All night I heard footsteps. I heard footsteps in the morning while I was getting ready but everyone would be asleep or in the basement. This actually made me remember a few more stories that happened at my dads:
I was home all alone as my dad and step mom were out of town and my brother was out. Just me and the cats. I had my door closed and was probably browsing the forums or facebook and I hear 3 whistles from right outside my bedroom door. I don't know how to describe them, but I can still remember how they sounded. Cat's don't whistle.
I've also heard what sounded like my dad walking down the driveway (right outside my bedroom window) while talking on his phone, or to someone, I couldn't hear what was being said. It was definitely his voice. Except he was at work in the middle of a 12 hour shift.

My current apt is haunted by what I'm guessing is a man, 55+.
He likes to take stuff. He really likes to mess with my piercings. I don't know if he doesn't like them cause they're facial piercings but every time I switch them out the piece I just took out goes missing and then is found somewhere I wouldn't have left it. I keep the jewelry in a little baggy on my nightstand and when I take it out I always put it back in the baggy so it doesn't go missing and I'm careful to check it's in the bag before I put it down. But I'll go to switch it (I switch my nose piercing pretty frequently because I love it but work doesn't so I leave a clear retainer in during my work week) and whatever I'm looking for will be missing. Then I'll find it 2 days later in my bed or under my pillow.
My boyfriend was going to check the mail so he went to grab the mail key which we always leave in the same spot on the desk, but he couldn't find it. He moved everything on the desk to find it, still nothing. I come over and do the same thing, check the drawers, check shoes near the desk, the shelves, nothing. He knows I believe in ghosts so I say out loud "someone took our key and they need to put it back. I'll be back in a few minutes" and I walk away. I come back 5-10 min later and the key is on the desk, exactly where it should be, just 1/2 hidden by some paper I moved no less than 4 times when I was looking for the key myself, as had the boyfriend moved that same paper. He hasn't hidden anything in a while though. I don't mind when he does it so I hope I didn't make him stop :ohdear:

One day I'm taking a shower right around the time the boyfriend should be coming home from work, but still a little before (like it's 3 and he gets out at 3 little before.) I get out of the shower and see a shadow move really fast on the wall and it startled me because I didn't know my boyfriend was home yet and the movement was so sudden. Except he wasn't home. I was the only one there and that was not my shadow.

I've also had 2 "goodbye dreams" as I like to call them. It's a dream where I'm talking to someone and I get to a point in the dream where I realize that I shouldn't be talking to them, because they're dead. Everything gets hyper realistic, I start crying and I give them a hug. I can feel their skin, hair, and clothes, I hear their voice, I can smell them. I get like an actual hug, it is a loving embrace, not a quick hug. I always wake up crying from these dreams and I never see that person again in a dream. The first one was my great grandmother, it took her a while to come give me mine but I think it was because she had a lot of people to go visit and say goodbye to. The second was a friend of mine who had committed suicide, his not too long after his funeral. I'm crying now just thinking about those dreams. I'm glad to get my final goodbye though.

Every now and then I will smell my great grandmother out of nowhere. I like to think that she's coming to visit me and check up on me.

CeramicPig has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread