Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Got lunch with my mom on Saturday, and while we were catching up, she told me something kind of odd. Apparently she and my dad had got a little drunk with my brother and his girlfriend recently, and they were just sort of bullshitting about this and that when the subject turned to the supernatural. The girlfriend got really serious and started talking about how she's seen ghosts her whole life, and that her house is haunted by two of them, one of whom doesn't like her much and is making her consider selling the place. She's a scientist, and a very rational, together sort of person in general, so hearing that was a little out of the blue.

She then went on to tell them that their house is haunted as well, though by a nice ghost who apparently likes them quite a bit. She said that several times she'd seen a middle-aged woman in Victorian dress in their living room, but hadn't wanted to say anything because she was afraid they'd think she was crazy. At that point, my folks got a little freaked out... both of them, on several occasions, have drowsed on the couch and felt someone gently pulling the afghan around them, only to open their eyes and find noone there. My dad has an office/workshop in the basement, just below the living room. He said that he'll often be down there and hear footsteps coming from above and he'll head upstairs, thinking my mom came home from work early, only to find the room as empty as he left it. And the cat often spazzes out and seems to be seeing something no one else can (though that doesn't really count, as he's a cat and that's what they do).

They've always just put it down to their house being quite old and creaky, and never gave much thought to it beyond "huh, that's weird". They're not at all bothered by whatever it is, so they've just taken this new information in stride. Apparently they've nicknamed the ghost Abby and have taken to saying hello and goodbye to her when they come and go :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
This isn't my story, but it's pretty drat creepy. Honestly, it was probably just a campfire story kinda thing, but here goes.

When my dad was in the army, one of his buddies was Navajo, and had grown up extremely poor on a reservation. He had something like six brothers and sisters, and all of them slept together on the floor of their cabin. One night my dad's friend woke up out of a sound sleep to see a strange woman tiptoeing silently between their sleeping bags. She got to one of his little brothers and kind of crouched over him, whispering or singing something. Dad's friend must have let out a gasp or something, because the woman looked up at him, smiled sadly, and put a finger to her lips. He passed out almost immediately, but not before noticing that she was very beautiful, with long, shiny black hair and a loose white dress that seemed to glow in the dark. When he woke up, he vividly remembered it, but passed it off as a dream. However, within a week, his little brother, who had been a perfectly healthy kid, contracted a terrible fever and died. He said the woman, whoever she was, hadn't seemed malevolent in the least, but he never slept too well after that.

• Locked thread