Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Maybe not so much in the spirit of the thread but is of some relevance. I work at an old Art-House Theatre, about 100 years old by now. As with anything in a particular 'old-town' district of an older city, a lot of ghost tours come to tell people of the haunts and tales of the spooky theatre. Not that I can't see why. Movie theaters are romanticized as homes of dreams and fantasy and drama are blown up in a twisted reflection, shared in a communal experience that has shaped the past century. And people do want to believe that these places, ones that hold so many good memories and experiences even long before and long after them, that they would hold the remnants of the people who have come and gone throughout the decades. And so, the bumps and moans become Ol' Stella, the poor, jilted girl that killed herself infront of her once lover, in the place where such melodrama was projected 30-feet high.

Of course, many people who came in, 90% of which didn't really give a poo poo about whatever foreign film we showed ('Ew, subtitles') would ask about if the place was really haunted. I'd always explain, 'We were until we kicked out the hobos and boarded up the attic.' Which was true, a bunch of homeless guys would climb up the fire escape in the alley, and stay in our abestos infested attic. Their milling and ramblings would make it's way down to the theatre, and thus stories and rumors spread as the wont to do.

Though, there is one unexplained story by my assistant manger. One evening between movie screenings, picking up the mess between shows. To note, there is one aisle that stretches from the back to the front of the auditorium, and the seats are bisected by it. Anyways, he walked from the back to the front finding nothing strange, and turned back only to find an inexplicable $20 bill that defiantly was not there before. There were several things to note, 1) He did not have any cash on him, 2) The only other person who worked there was busy minding the lobby where money and customers were, 3) Nobody else was in there (and you could tell, it's an old and echo-y theatre, if they're there you'll hear), and 4) You don't just not notice a $20 bill when your working minimum wage at a movie theater. After finding and showing it off to everybody else who worked there, he dubbed it the 'Demon Bill', everyone was to spooked to claim it for their own.

I think they just used it to buy a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread