Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

vandelay industries posted:

That was the "Penpal" collection of stories on nosleep, I believe. It was one of the creepiest and most realistic "ghost" stories I've ever read; very well written. I highly recommend everyone to read it if they haven't already. Here's a wiki of the story, which combines all of his posts into one place. I think the stories are all over the place on nosleep, so it's super handy:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Penpal

Edit: The dude got the story published and was also being shopped by a major producer to turn into a film. Though he announced that back in 2012, and nothing has been said about it since then.
That was some good poo poo, but there is one problem with it though. It makes no sense why the stalker wouldn't have just kidnapped the protagonist a lot sooner if he was already able to break into their house and take the protagonist into the woods. It felt like the author originally planed it all to be supernatural but changed it without revising that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Wedemeyer posted:

I don't know what to make of this. It's weird and creepy. Not exactly horror, but it does leave me with a sense of unease and confusion. I suggest starting at the '11' in the 'Archivo del blog' list. Maybe someone else can make sense of it all.

http://thebooksofsand.blogspot.com/
Yeah, that was real good and while it had no real ending the author sets up enough stuff where it makes enough sense. The Clan of Adoration is most likely behind a good chunk of the strange happenings in their neighborhood. X and F bring up how that the Clan has assigned meaning to animals, animals that appear throughout the entries, i.e. the Chinese family and the rats, the tape exchange and the bugs, the snake and the weird snake-like egg that F got after attending the cult meeting, and most of all how they view dogs as abhorrent hinting that the Dog Killer was mostly likely a member of the cult. But yeah, it really managed to get down this atmosphere of a bunch of kids just running into strange poo poo that they don't understand, never realizing that there was something far more sinister lurking beneath it all the whole time.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Jun 29, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FreudianSlippers posted:

What's the deal with Jeff the Killer?

In the original story he isn't named and it's just a creepy grinning being staring at you at the foot of your bed telling you to go to sleep. Somehow this spun off into stories about a tormented teenage serial killer who kills people because he was bullied and/or the victim of an acid attack and there's like fifty thousand crappy indie horror games where he is the villain, all of them set in creepy abandoned buildings. Which to me is a lot less scary. Something unknown in the darkness telling you to sleep is a lot more creepy then something known hiding in an abandoned building stabbing people.
Sounds like the same thing that happened to Slenderman, started off creepy but then nerds on the Internet had to make a whole "mythos" out of it and ruin everything that made the character unnerving in the first place because they are all poo poo at writing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

I was there when Slenderman was born and he wasn't even the most interesting thing in that thread. Not to mention a few pages after that the "Create Paranormal Photographs" thread became the "Make Your Own Slenderman Thing." Dude had a great idea though. Does that goon get anything at all for all this stuff being made from his creation?
He wishes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

coronatae posted:

Interesting! I'll have to see if I can find the original poster, maybe they had a similar follow-up.

I wonder, will this thread ever be moved back to GBS? It was a lot more productive there, pre-GBS 2.0. With Lowtax cutting down on low-content stuff maybe it wouldn't be filled with random shitposting the way it was in 2014.
Doubt it, GBS is still pretty poo poo.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Nov 18, 2015

• Locked thread